Sign in to follow this  
Must8Hacks

Lake Tanganyika water buffers what's ppl using

What's a good one, that works excellent iv being using fish focus buffers from weatheiral park aquariums works really good don't think they sell it any more :( I'm keeping tropheus mainly

hi

if u go to the meeting u can ask John Smits there he makes it up its salt and buffers all in one

and it works good

I use Aquasonic. The Rift lake conditioner (a bit) but mostly the Carbonate Hardness buffer. I also keep tropheus. Working well for me.

Seachem tanganyika buffer, best I've found by far

I really like and have always used AquaPics, Tang buffer for kh and African crystals for gh.

I am using aquapics

I've tried Seachem, API, Aquapics and Aquasonic, I ended up sticking with Aquasonic

I met a very experienced tropheus breeder and he only uses Carbonate Hardness buffer.. MUCH cheaper than the Seachem Tang Buffer I had been using.

It depends on where you live (your town water) as to how much of what buffer you'll need to achieve your desired parameters.

I make my own, from marine salts, epsom salts and bi carb soda.

Pretty cheap when you do it this way and my tropheus and calvus breed continuously.

Ratio's of each depend on your tap water.

Seachem tang buffer and Cichlid salt, little bit more pricey but it's the one I trust

Aqua sonic should do the trick if your looking for value for money. But quality has to be seachem by far. Remember its always cheaper in bulk ?

I would use aquapics but not available in Qld. Have been using a product called biotope and am wrapped. Best part it comes as a liquid so doesnt go hard in fishroom or wet weather.

I've heard rumours that if you put malawis in tang conditions they will prolifically breed. In otherwords, the breeder I met was breeding their malawis like rabbits once they used tang buffers in 9-9.2 pH. Thoughts my fishy friends?