Where to get white looking sand substrate around Epping sydney?

smellfry

Hi, I've been looking for a sandy substrate for my tank but all the play sand and pool filter sand is of a dark tan yellow colour. I want to achieve a white -beige look so does anyone know where to get it around Epping or parramatta? Crushed coral is a bit expensive. Thanks

you could call these guys

Marble Aggregate Dist

4 HOLBECHE ROAD ARNDELL PARK NSW 2148

P.O BOX 315 DOONSIDE NSW 2767

PH: 02 9672-1277

FAX : 02 9672-1007

email@terrazzoaustralianmarble.com.au

DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

20Kg bags $10.00 + GST

SIZE CHART

DUST 0- 1.5 MM

0 1.5 - 3.5 MM

1 3.5 - 7 MM

2 8 - 12 MM

I'm

Out at terrazzo now, they have an amazing range of sizes and colours of granite and marble chips, the prices have either gone up or I am getting stitched up but $60 for 60kg is still a good value substrate I reckon, cheers for the lead Chris

Are the marble chips very fine like sand? I recently bought some unicorn pool filter sand and the particles are a bit bigger compared to regular pool sand, however it is not the white colour I'm looking for. I'm considering adding a white substrate possibly marble chip on top of it

Ok I've put in the sand. Tell me what you guys think. Also, how do I clean the sand since I can't really clearly see where the waste is collected? The water's still not clear yet cos the particles haven't all settled yet. image_zpsec920f0f.jpg

Oh I see. I think I prefer the look of sand . I've got a PVC pipe attached to the end of the siphon to reach the bottom. Haha. I was thinking of putting a rock in as well, I'll try it soon. Thanks

Archived