NSW major auction

intern1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i may not even go as the same fish always go through and im not interested in sitting through 100 lots of yellow and 50 lots of black calvus to sell a few cyps and xenos which i can ofload without the hassle

and kevs constant bitching about people talking has sort of turned me off the nswcs its as if he expects everyone to be a fish expert alot of people dont know what certain species are or how compatible they are so unless the people up front want to give a 5 minute discription of each fish and there behaviour he may have to learn to deal with the talking or just leave as he seems to be the only 1 who complains

It depends how many people are bidding for them...sometimes it's cheaper to buy them independently from a breeder.

I think there were some at the last mini auction however I can't remember how much they went for.

i may not even go as the same fish always go through and im not interested in sitting through 100 lots of yellow and 50 lots of black calvus to sell a few cyps and xenos which i can ofload without the hassle

and kevs constant bitching about people talking has sort of turned me off the nswcs its as if he expects everyone to be a fish expert alot of people dont know what certain species are or how compatible they are so unless the people up front want to give a 5 minute discription of each fish and there behaviour he may have to learn to deal with the talking or just leave as he seems to be the only 1 who complains

i will second that

i will second that

Is dissapointing to read comments like this one , The Auctioneers do their best and are great at it and most times they do give a description or quickly talk about the behaviour of a fish that its rarely seen or new to the hobby ,can you imagen if we did a 5 minute discription on every fish HOW LONG WOULD THE AUCTION GO FOR ? May be you should play more attention and less talking , in regards people talking they should have more respect , it makes the Auctioneers job very hard and Kevin is not the only one that brings it up ask MIKO how many times his ask or yeld out to shutt up!!!!

If you are not interested in sitting at the Auction that is your problem , Majority of people dont have a problem.

Lionel

My 2 cents worth

A little respect towards the comette and what they do

Goes a long way(major auction my guess is over a 12hour shift they will be doing)

And I can imagine 1 persons voice (auctioneers)vs 100 or so guests

So fair go

And as for the yellows and blues bring some exciting stuff to spice things up :)

And micko's voice is giving kev a run for his money :) lol

At any of the auctions the committee and the people who help out put alot of hard work into making it happen.

The thing to remember is noone gets paid for it...so personally I'm greatful to all involved. Thanks folks.....

micko does it to mock kev i should know we go down there together and share a fish room

as for the volume they have a microphone and are quite easily heard over the talking

as for discriptions they describe xenotilapia as looking like a whiting thats real informative for people who know nothing about the species

i will no longer be attending these meetings that a run by a handful of people to benefit themselves and to push there products while businesses like tank aquariums that inquired about having it mentioned that he was going to be having a massive sale are told they can't do that

i will no longer be donating fish to your raffles either as it is bullcraP that you the commitee charge retail prices to the club for fish bought from you for the raffle when you could get the same fish from breeders on here at a quarter of the price

i summary the nswcs is a joke

Hi Rowie

Sorry you feel that way no one is perfect , may be you can try and Auction fish and see how you go and try to talk over the top of 30/40 people talking at the same time i bet it would give you the craPs after a few hours and if the description of ONE fish out of hundreds that go through the auction was wrong well we are human , regarding Tank Aquariums he is not even a sponsor of the NSWCS so why we would promote his business , in regards to the fish in the raffle sorry but you dont know what you are talking about , we dont charge retail price so i dont know where you got that from and we also donate fish , get your facts right before you make accusations and if you are acccusing the committe of benefiting themselfs you also got that wrong we put in hours of work during the month that we dont get pay for we do it for the love of it !!!!!!! yes we are realy benefiting our selfs !!!!!!!!!! lolololol

Lionel

i will second that

Is dissapointing to read comments like this one , The Auctioneers do their best and are great at it and most times they do give a description or quickly talk about the behaviour of a fish that its rarely seen or new to the hobby ,can you imagen if we did a 5 minute discription on every fish HOW LONG WOULD THE AUCTION GO FOR ? May be you should play more attention and less talking , in regards people talking they should have more respect , it makes the Auctioneers job very hard and Kevin is not the only one that brings it up ask MIKO how many times his ask or yeld out to shutt up!!!!

If you are not interested in sitting at the Auction that is your problem , Majority of people dont have a problem.

Lionel

micko does it to mock kev i should know we go down there together and share a fish room

as for the volume they have a microphone and are quite easily heard over the talking

as for discriptions they describe xenotilapia as looking like a whiting thats real informative for people who know nothing about the species

i will no longer be attending these meetings that a run by a handful of people to benefit themselves and to push there products while businesses like tank aquariums that inquired about having it mentioned that he was going to be having a massive sale are told they can't do that

i will no longer be donating fish to your raffles either as it is bullcraP that you the commitee charge retail prices to the club for fish bought from you for the raffle when you could get the same fish from breeders on here at a quarter of the price

i summary the nswcs is a joke

Hi Rowie

Sorry you feel that way no one is perfect , may be you can try and Auction fish and see how you go and try to talk over the top of 30/40 people talking at the same time i bet it would give you the craPs after a few hours and if the description of ONE fish out of hundreds that go through the auction was wrong well we are human , regarding Tank Aquariums he is not even a sponsor of the NSWCS so why we would promote his business , in regards to the fish in the raffle sorry but you dont know what you are talking about , we dont charge retail price so i dont know where you got that from and we also donate fish , get your facts right before you make accusations and if you are acccusing the committe of benefiting themselfs you also got that wrong we put in hours of work during the month that we dont get pay for we do it for the love of it !!!!!!! yes we are realy benefiting our selfs !!!!!!!!!! lolololol

Lionel

As a matter of fact can admin pls delete any post in this thread with my name in it!!!!

If I have something to say I will say it!!!! And if any body has something to say to me...

I hope they will to the same... IN PERSON !!! Cheers micko

Archived