'Venting' I'm over it

Foti

I've been ripped off in my period of buying trading fish and I found unless its a well know forum member it's not worth shipping

People have a bad dealing with someone it's simple you tell them as soon as receive the fish

I have a picture of what you sent its not what we discussed I want you to make it right !

Ether you send fish back for refund of you negotiate a Partial Reimbursement

If that doesn't go to plan you must then inform the other party that you will bring it to the attention of forum members !

If still not fixed

You must tell us all so we as fellow members don't get scanned

It is not give everyone a right to bitch and complain about every dealing that didn't go to plan

But more for the straight out scammers !!

This is what I believe as its a practice that should be looked at !

What do you all believe ?

I think a pinned thread of I didn't get what I paid for. Post a pick of what you got and what it was supposed to be. Name the region it came from. That will be enough. People can check out the thread and note which species and from where to be wary of. It will soon be evident through the fs. ads and the caution thread which operators are dodgy. Pretty quickly those involved will clean up their act or stop advertising and selling here.

Sometimes you don't know you haven't got what you paid for until later on,

I bought 'females' turn out to be juvenile males

friend bought Karlini Copper Foai, and the colour hasn't shown up until now and they've come out blue, definately not coppers.

Vents are purely to get some sympthany/empathy (I always get confused which I need for a situation), sometimes there is no recourse with the buyer as the problem doesn't appear until well and truely to late.

Yes I think we all have the same thought in mind which comes down to name shame

Or help from the breeder to sort out the problem

As I could buy a breeding group then start selling fry only to find out later that the fry are cross nothing I can do but go to the person whome I bought from a deal with that as all the fry I sold falls on me!

I think we need a post or section and once mater is solved or if post comes up with no contact to the seller first mods can take the post down !

Isn't this a vent about venting lol ;)

:) yes :) lol

Only because we feel bad for the person who got done and we can't do anything nor do we learn from there mistakes/ not deal with that seller!

Sometimes you don't know you haven't got what you paid for until later on,

I bought 'females' turn out to be juvenile males

friend bought Karlini Copper Foai, and the colour hasn't shown up until now and they've come out blue, definately not coppers.

Vents are purely to get some sympthany/empathy (I always get confused which I need for a situation), sometimes there is no recourse with the buyer as the problem doesn't appear until well and truely to late.

This is why we all need to know even if its 7 months later so we don't go through the same as your friend

Who know maybe the breeder breeds 3 types and if you contacted him her they would of fixed your problem

Maybe scooped wrong tank ?

The problem with naming and shaming is that there is always three sides to every story, my version, your version and the correct version. The forums isn't a place to start a flame war about not receiving either what you paid for or what your money for fish. If a deals goes wrong then we need to just suck it up and move on, if the seller doesn't want to help fix the problem and you don't live close enough to go knock on their door then there isn't really anything you can do.

Hoping for karma does nothing if someone is setting out to deceive. I would see this as profiteering and if the person is putting up false advertising here all forum users have a right to know. In that case it is deliberate misuse of the forum. Of course the seller has to be contacted first to rectify the situation.

If an honest mistake has occurred usually the seller will rectify things.

I will say that the only times I have been disappointed with fish have been from an auction for various reasons from size to quality. This is where I believe most dodgy sellers offload their fish as buyers rarely get to inspect the stock it's relatively anonymous, so no name and shame is possible. If buying from interstate only deal with the best and most reputable breeders. Ask for a picture of the exact fish you are purchasing. And ask if other hobbyists have purchased the same stock from the same breeder. A little research goes a very long way.

Hoping for karma does nothing if someone is setting out to deceive. I would see this as profiteering and if the person is putting up false advertising here all forum users have a right to know. In that case it is deliberate misuse of the forum. Of course the seller has to be contacted first to rectify the situation.

If an honest mistake has occurred usually the seller will rectify things.

Karma would be something along the lines of their stock gets white spot or they deal with a dodgy seller themselves therefore knowing how it feels to be ripped off.

The problem with naming and shaming is that there is always three sides to every story, my version, your version and the correct version. The forums isn't a place to start a flame war about not receiving either what you paid for or what your money for fish. If a deals goes wrong then we need to just suck it up and move on, if the seller doesn't want to help fix the problem and you don't live close enough to go knock on their door then there isn't really anything you can do.

Correct, and it's the reason I don't want to name or even provide species, being a fairly uncommon species it wouldn't be hard to work out who it was. The deal is done. Mine was exactly that, I was venting. I should of asked for photos but it's one of those species where there is no colour variation between males so you there isn't any need. Partly my fault. So I sucked it up and moved on, mine purely was about venting not anything else. But I dont' want to hijack the thread, i just wanted to say sometimes it's easier to suck it up vent and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived