Noddy65

Some new fry

Good work on the spawning!

mate of mine still hasn't managed to get them to spawn! any tips?

Well done Mike,

Just wish you would breed something that I could pronounce.

Cheers Glen

Hi guys

Yep...biparental...I think the female is bigger than the male

Ive got my fish setup in either a 3 x2 or a 6 x 2 tank...the breeding was in the 6 x 2..theres three fish in there, i suspect 2 males and one female.

The larger fish held for the first few days and then they swapped around, very frequently both would be holding...

I feed a variety of foods, flake, pellets, live and frozen food.

I saw free swimming fry very briefly at about 14 days so i stripped both of them (they were both holding fry)

The tank is setup ith fine sand, a few clumps of larger rocks and a few tunnels made out of PVC pipe...the preferred tunnel seems to be some rectangular downpipe...one end is blocked with rocks and the other is partially covered with rocks

congrats, i heard these are quite difficult to care for and breed. well done. any chance of some picture of the parents?

Nice fish :happy:

wow, nice fish mike,

you keep coming up with really cool tangs, where do you find all these beauties? or is it a secret? we just dont get fish like this in sa

I find them here and there...chat to people...ask people questions etc...sometimes Ill get one fish from here and one from there and make up pairs etc

Im trying to get some rarer malawis and victorians together now and try and breed them up

Mike