Paratheraps zonatum vs P. coatzacoalcos

Topogigio

thanks for the reply and the info, Mo.

Maybe 10 years of brother and sister relations has washed all the colour from our stock.

You guys have some spectacular species available. Jeff Rapps' stocklist makes me drool!!

We are getting some new stuff from time to time so its on the improve but i would love to

collect some new blood (and some new species for that matter)but quarrantine is pretty strict in this counrty.

having said that, who would have thought 10 years ago that freshwater stingrays would ever be avaiable here(they must be fantastic swimmers)

thanks again Mo.

I really liked his observations regarding colour changes during spawning , the variety we have here very much mirrors his observations . I had noticed most of the changes he mentioned however had not noticed the eye colour change . So I scrolled up the page to my picture of the female looking over the eggs and check that eye out .

The observations regarding temperament are also spot on ranging from easy going to psychopathic .

As far as trying to get a final answer as to what this fish should be called there appears to be no wrong answer , all I can say to all those Vieja keepers in Australia is DON'T CROSSBREED .

All the best Pat.

Pat...coincidentally took this video with my IPhone the other day. Had the breeding pair separated after the male kicked the female around pretty bad. They've been separated for a long time. THought it was time to see if they made nice. Normally when I lift a divider the fish will hang low and approach slowly. This male literally charged over into her area and started. Make no mistakes about it. They are aggresive fish.http://youtu.be/QFvOTyFwD7k

Archived