What backgrounds do you guys use?

PaulJ

Hi,

I am considering what sort of background to use on my tank, on the outside of the glass. I dont want one of those tacky scenses you buy on the role at a pet store :unsure

So what sort of backgrounds do you guys use?

My tank has Tropheus Moorii in it with white rocks and plants.

Regards,

Paul

:unsure

i have black paint on the back of my tanks. It seams to bring the color out in the fish better. if you have black fish then go the other way and choose a light color

:^:

Josh and Evelyn

Hi all,

The 'green theory' is that it looks like algae growing on rocks.

But if you take a photo of fish in open water the background will come out blue. So the argument there is that a blue background looks like water!

Black? Who knows?

What colour do you prefer? Coz personally I don't think the fish give a rats! :D

I use mid-to-dark blue. :8

Cheers,

Lee.

my personal preference are the latex rocky cave backgrounds i think they look really cool in a display tank , and i also like the rocky picture backgrounds that feature only rocks i think they look rather neat too.

i use a normal background which illustrate on 1 side rocks that are suitable for americans and on the other side a drift wood with alot of plants ....

i use oil to stick at the back on the tank and beleive me it looks mad in a way that no air gaps go through it..... :8

and if u want u can paint it black, blue, green it's just a mood .......

so what ever yuou choose make sure you do it the proper way, and the fish will thank you for that :)....

c ya

:^:

when i stuck my plastic backing on my tank i used vasiline. i just smeared it all over the back of the glass, put the backing on and then smoothed it out using a ruler to push out all the air bubbles. it stayed on there for ages and had only started to come off recently (about 5 years after it was put on). after that i just painted it balck.

as for using black as a background colour i think it makes teh fish feel more secure.

Cheers James :)

Archived