what cyprichromis are in australia?

tranced

i put a WTB in the classifieds for some kitumba cyprichromis... dont even know if they are in the county tho?? here in WA i have only seen mpimbwe and kigoma jumbos... and mpulungu and utinta normal ones. people over east seem to have alot better tangs in general, so im wondering what kinds of cyprichromis have you guys seen about the place over there???

i havnt seen any cyprichomis where i live but mpulunga and utinta are common enough in brisbane and down south further. im actually looking for a school of mpulunga....not sure about the other species.

cooder

So far I have seen:

Utinta, Malasa, Mpimbwe, Chaitika, Kekese, Kiku, Kitumba, Kigoma & Karilani...

Below is stolen from another thread on the subject:

Wild Caught:

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Fulwe

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Kambwimba

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Kapembwa

Cyprichromis leptosoma Kigoma

German Bred:

Cyprichromis leptosoma Chaitika

Cyprichromis leptosoma Grandiosus

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Chaitika

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Chipimbi

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Fulwe

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo gold fin Mpulungu

Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo Kekese

Cyprichromis leptosoma Kitumba Albino

Cyprichromis leptosoma Kitumba Albino

Cyprichromis leptosoma Livua

Cyprichromis leptosoma Mamalesa

Cyprichromis leptosoma Moliro yellow chin

Cyprichromis leptosoma Mpulungu

Cyprichromis leptosoma Mvuna blue flash

Cyprichromis leptosoma tricolor

Cyprichromis leptosoma tricolor Mpimbwe

Cyprichromis leptosoma Utinta

Cyprichromis leptosoma Utinta red tail

Cyprichromis leptosoma yellow head jumbo

Cyprichromis leptosoma yellow Mbita

That list looks like one of the "available to import" lists from over the times... so only some woudl have actually come in.

there have been quite a few imported over the years but far fewer (I think) that are still around though I hope a few are hidden away somewhere.

Here in Canberra I'm aware of

- Jumbo Mpimbwe

- lepto utinta

- WC Jumbo Kapembwa (I got the 5 fish that made it through quarantine in that list above, 4 of which survived the trip to Canberra, and two of which survived the first week. At this stage I have those two plus two juveniles ... and unfortunately I have a suspicion that's the entire genetic pool for the country)

livua are gorgeous :thumb and those micros are pretty exxy, you must have deep pockets lol. hopefully u both get plenty of fry to sell me ;)

looks like i am going to have to order my kitumbas from that shipment :( will cost me an arm and a leg (considering im a student) but nobody seems to wanna sell them! has anyone bought from that company before, i heard their quality is top notch but anyone have firsthand experience?

livua are gorgeous :thumb and those micros are pretty exxy, you must have deep pockets lol. hopefully u both get plenty of fry to sell me ;)

looks like i am going to have to order my kitumbas from that shipment :( will cost me an arm and a leg (considering im a student) but nobody seems to wanna sell them! has anyone bought from that company before, i heard their quality is top notch but anyone have firsthand experience?

That depends which company you are referring to, I buy all my inports via Rav at aquatic escape in melbourne. In the past i have purchased numerous tropheus colonies, frontosa Moba and kitumba and the cyps, I have been extremely happy with all of them. You will find his shipment list on Tropheus fanatics site and Frontosa.com.au.

i put a WTB in the classifieds for some kitumba cyprichromis... dont even know if they are in the county tho?? here in WA i have only seen mpimbwe and kigoma jumbos... and mpulungu and utinta normal ones. people over east seem to have alot better tangs in general, so im wondering what kinds of cyprichromis have you guys seen about the place over there???

I have some kiku [lemonbreast]

Archived