Can this be used as a fish rack ?

nanikjava

Saw this ad from Strathco flyer and was wondering if anybody have ever used it for tank rack ? or do you think this is strong enough to be used as one ?

IPB Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wouldn't risk it, I use the mitre10 version but it's pretty strong about 100kg a shelf, being 2ft wide perfect for a standard 2fters. 4years so far and still no sign of a problem.

Good luck.

Wouldn't risk it, I use the mitre10 version but it's pretty strong about 100kg a shelf, being 2ft wide perfect for a standard 2fters. 4years so far and still no sign of a problem.

Good luck.

Do you have to assemble it yourself ? how high is it ?

Good luck.

Do you have to assemble it yourself ? how high is it ?

I would have to check, but can fit 4 tanks on with ease. And yes assemble it yourself, all the racks push together. Price wise I prob paid between $60-$100 but it is a good quality shelf.

I've got the bunnings version of that rack for the shed and get scared leaving the circular saw on there. The shelves are made out of very thin metal which bow and twist. Was rated at 50kgs per shelf, wouldn't trust that for tanks.

-Dan.

I've got the bunnings version of that rack for the shed and get scared leaving the circular saw on there. The shelves are made out of very thin metal which bow and twist. Was rated at 50kgs per shelf, wouldn't trust that for tanks.

-Dan.

Thanks dkw.

Judging from the response from the people on this topic looks like it's better for me not to buy this rack.

Can anybody recommend where to buy good rack for 3 x 4ft tanks ?.

benfarrow has bought his from Mitre10, anybody else can recommend anywhere else ?

P.S Please don't tell me to DIY from timbers or other materials as I would prefer to buy it ready.

Cheers

Judging from the response from the people on this topic looks like it's better for me not to buy this rack.

benfarrow has bought his from Mitre10, anybody else can recommend anywhere else ?

P.S Please don't tell me to DIY from timbers or other materials as I would prefer to buy it ready.

Cheers

Mine holds 4x 2ft vertically, for a tier stand to hold the weight of multiple 4th tanks you would have to have a much stronger stand made, Im someone near you could do this.

Cheers

Mine holds 4x 2ft vertically, for a tier stand to hold the weight of multiple 4th tanks you would have to have a much stronger stand made, Im someone near you could do this.

Do you mind posting a picture as my brain thinks better with picture :)

Cheers mate

Cheers

3 4foot tanks i'd go pallet racking!

Do you have to permanently place the foot into the ground or it can stand just like that ?

I have a dexion rack which is almost the same style as this and I have not bolted down the bottom. I believe

it helps primarily by preventing the rack from swaying forwards or backwards which can make the whole thing

collapse but it would also give futher strength if you did. It should not affect its ability to carry weight provided

it is fairly stable on the ground. I have not bolted mine down and its doing alright.

John

Do you have to permanently place the foot into the ground or it can stand just like that ?

I have a dexion rack which is almost the same style as this and I have not bolted down the bottom. I believe

it helps primarily by preventing the rack from swaying forwards or backwards which can make the whole thing

collapse but it would also give futher strength if you did. It should not affect its ability to carry weight provided

it is fairly stable on the ground. I have not bolted mine down and its doing alright.

John

I can't bolt it in my place as I'm renting the place so a bummer :)

Pallet racking is the way to go. You can get it in shorter lengths as well. Mine are 4 foot and six foot long. You can easily reduce the height as well by cutting it with an angle grinder.

Archived