Aqua one AR620 - good value?

oakes

Hi, i'm thinking of setting up a smallish tetra tank and like the look and the idea of the 'all in one' types, i think the AR620 is about the size i'm after, similar to a 2ft tank at 90 litres. But i'd like to know that i'll be happy with the filtration and lighting. At first glance the 2 x 18w globes appear sufficient, but if i have to supplement either i may as well just start with a standard tank. Any experiences?

It is a good simple tank. If you want advanced lighting then it may limit your options without mods. The filtration is fine. We added extra matrix and ditched the cartridges after a month.

The filter is easy to maintain as you flip the lid and have access.

The main pain is the lighting lid needs lifting and moving to get enought access to get hands or a vac in there.

We have easy to grow plants in there and they are growing very well with hardly any ferts.

Stocking is 7 Black Neons, 11 Cardinals, 3 BNs, 3 Silver Hatchets, 3 Adolfoi Corys, 6 Cherry Barbs and a Betta Splenden. Zero ammonia, zero nitrite and neglible nitrate due to plants.

So filtration is adequate and lighting depends on what you want to grow.

Hi, i'm thinking of setting up a smallish tetra tank and like the look and the idea of the 'all in one' types, i think the AR620 is about the size i'm after, similar to a 2ft tank at 90 litres. But i'd like to know that i'll be happy with the filtration and lighting. At first glance the 2 x 18w globes appear sufficient, but if i have to supplement either i may as well just start with a standard tank. Any experiences?

Thanks for the comments. Ended up buying the standard 620. I do want to try growing some plants, and given that the taller one uses the same lights, i thought the shallower one might be better for plants. I plan on adding fish much like yours cpfc - about 10 neons, 6 black neons, a pair of blue rams, and something near the surface - maybe a few hatchets or danios. Cheers.

The only hassle we have with the plants is keeping them under control.

Will you have any bottom feeders?

Thanks for the comments. Ended up buying the standard 620. I do want to try growing some plants, and given that the taller one uses the same lights, i thought the shallower one might be better for plants. I plan on adding fish much like yours cpfc - about 10 neons, 6 black neons, a pair of blue rams, and something near the surface - maybe a few hatchets or danios. Cheers.

The only hassle we have with the plants is keeping them under control.

Will you have any bottom feeders?

Just a b/n is all i plan to have, i thought about cories, but thought their activity might be disturbing to the rams. I'd love to try ottos, if i could ever find some.

Our cories are pretty quiet for most of the day but I have no idea how they would interact with Rams if at all.

Just a b/n is all i plan to have, i thought about cories, but thought their activity might be disturbing to the rams. I'd love to try ottos, if i could ever find some.

Archived