Big male venustus sick

youngy_11

Hi,

Ive got a 20cm male venustus that is not the best.

He has a large lump on his side and it seems to be boyant as its making him float. I have him in a little box inside the tank at the moment to keep other fish away.

I have tried melafix, and Epson salts yesterday as I thought it may have been worms but I think it could be a tumor or something its very large.

Any ideas of treatment or will I have to put down my 5 year old fish :(

If you can get your hands on some Metronidazole ( someone on some Forum was selling some tablets) and either inject( Syringe) it into his mouth or put a coat on his ulcer or sore it may help......I had similar problem with a festae...........he had a huge hole in his side about 6 weeks ago.....now he is proud father of about 300 fry! Melafix helps keep bacteria off the sore....but wont get rid of it..

you can get Metronidazole from chemist just ask for thrush medicine(flagly) tell chemist its for your fish hole in the head or sunken belly disease and he gives your a dose very cheap.. do what rols said or dilute the medicine in food and feed him if he is still eating....

use warm water and the tablet breaks down faster

Sorry Finn I haven't had a chance to get on the forums. Will you be back in the gong on Monday, if so it would be great if I could grab some of those tablets off you. I will try a couple of chemists today.

Could you PM me your mobile number so I can call.

Thanks Ryan

Archived