saratoga

mattyr

Min 6x2x2

Choose tank mates and grow them together. I have a large one with clown loaches and red devil and convicts, plecos. Giant GGs, and various other fish over the hears and best if grown together.

Feed well! :) Train on pellets and prawns, whitebait and beef heart..

Enjoy :thumbup:

Hi Mate

Get one and put in in your 4ft tank if it gets too big then change the tank. If it is by itself it will be fine.

I disagree. Those things grow fast and within 1 - 1.5 years he will need a bigger tank.

yeah i agree i think it will be ok for now but yeah in the long run u will be up for a bigger tank so rather than have the hassle, get the bigger tank then get your toga to enjoy all the room. :8

PIMP lol :lol3:

• 9 months later...

Filteration is an essential factor in keeping saratogas alive and healthy, i had one in my 6x2x2 with filterations 2x 1200lph canisters, try to get those first and choose your saratoga, also choose your other fish wisely, oscars are your best bet, but have a look around.

Hope i helped.

steer clear of oscars go a pleco and big samon cats just from personal experiance your oscar will get beatin up!! and some clown loaches but then if you get them all small and grow them every fish is different :)

Filteration is an essential factor in keeping saratogas alive and healthy, i had one in my 6x2x2 with filterations 2x 1200lph canisters, try to get those first and choose your saratoga, also choose your other fish wisely, oscars are your best bet, but have a look around.

Hope i helped.

steer clear of oscars go a pleco and big samon cats just from personal experiance your oscar will get beatin up!! and some clown loaches but then if you get them all small and grow them every fish is different :)

yes sorry thats what i was trying to imply,

• 2 weeks later...

not all togas are as aggresive aswhat they say ive had some really good ones over the years up to 1 meter long and dont even eat live food thats both jardini and leichardti 6x2x2 is a perfect size tank for a toga keep your ph neutral but not a big concern as with tank mates any catfish should be fine eeltails or forktails and maybe some grunters steer away from oscars as they are real dirty eaters and if you get a aggresive toga they will be ripped apart try keep a fair bit of structure in the way of driftwood and plants its a awesome looking native tank and gives any of your fish that are getting picked on hiding places feeding togas is pretty easy anything from frozen bloodworms peeled prawns whitebait some even thrive on pellets alone cheers mate

shannon

I have had 6 x Archers, 1 x Mangrove Jack and Pr Snakehead Gudgeons with a Leicharti

and all got along fine in an 8 x 2 x 2 tank

the Toga was about 65cm

Archers and Jack were about 15 cm

and the Gudgeons were 15 - 20 cm

Chris

• 1 year later...

i have seen large red or spotted scats in with a saratoga before that were doing well. then the saratoga outgrew the tank which was very small for the number of fish in it (was only 3x2x2.5), the scats got beaten up and sara removed. :( sad to see such a nice fish disappear. i agree with all the others about starting them when theyre all small so they can get used to a nice big tank and not get agressive with each other

• 3 months later...

Saratoga's and many other fish are had to determine.

It all comes down to size of tank, what you feed it in its lifetime and also its own personality.

A few of our customers have had oscars with Toga's, Giant Gourami's and Toga's and more...

I would say, just try to put a few wood and ornaments to give the other fish at the bottom a chance if the Toga decides to go whack.

Archived