My fish

benfarrow

hi ben

nice fish especially like the c.horei, something you dont see often.

cheers ned

Thanks Ned, yeah the horei are the lastest edition to my fish room. After a couple of years of looking I ended up with this colony of 16, while they are still young I expect fry in the next couple of months.

A question for the experts, these lastest photos I took using my wifes canon 500d when compared to those taken with the 450d they seem to lack quailty. It is set on it's highest setting, and seems

to be with almost any photo or photo subject. Also every 50 photos or so the image comes out split with the bottom half green. Could this new camera be a lemon? Any help would be great.

great fish!!

fully sick tank, where do you get the rock formations, ive been wondering how to get them since i saw them on google images

your frontosas look greak, obviously healthy fish!!

Cooder

great fish!!

fully sick tank, where do you get the rock formations, ive been wondering how to get them since i saw them on google images

your frontosas look greak, obviously healthy fish!!

Cooder

Thanks mate, yeah the rock is Texas rock about $15/kg any fish shop should be able to help.

Simply Great shots, nice colours :cryblow:

How does your Demasoni go with the msobo"s

What size tank were the O boops in, The boys are hard to keep together in anything lessthan a 4x2x18, 6Fter helps, I think.

Simply Great shots, nice colours :cryblow:

How does your Demasoni go with the msobo"s

What size tank were the O boops in, The boys are hard to keep together in anything lessthan a 4x2x18, 6Fter helps, I think.

thanks mate, the Demasoni and Msobo are fine together if there is ever a problem it is between 2 demasoni!

Yeah I keep the boops in a 6x2x2 but still lots of fighting - a shame I never took a photo of the boy who was killed, such beautiful fish.

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Nice fish mate.

If you happen to get your Boops going let me know. I have a lovely coloured male and 2 girls that don't want a bar of him. Would love to bump the numbers up one of these days.

Horei look great. I know what you mean by hard to photograph. Buggers wont sit still for two seconds let alone display full colour when the camera is out. :lol3:

• 1 month later...

I hope u r! lol

yeah those fish up at the top of your thread in the first lot of photos, therewere three of them, what are they?

Are they shelldwellers? these were probably my favorite out of the bunch

I hope u r! lol

yeah those fish up at the top of your thread in the first lot of photos, therewere three of them, what are they?

Are they shelldwellers? these were probably my favorite out of the bunch

hi mate, I think you mean the goby's (Eretmodus Cyanostictus). These guys are still showing little colour but big personality! They are a mouthbrooder and not a shelly. I currently have three varients for sale happy to post. Though I wouldn't recommend them for beginners as they are a little bit harder to keep.

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

Firstly, they are some great looking fish. Rather jealous!

In regards to your photography questions. What modes have you been shooting in? I use a 450D myself and find that shooting in manual is best for fish. There are to many photo's to offer advice on each one but some of them are great shots such as the fronts as they are a slow moving fish which allows you to focus easily on them. There are also a few soft photos of some of the Malawi's due to the fact that they are such a fast moving fish.

I'll try and track down the settings I used when I kept fish.

Hi Ben,

Firstly, they are some great looking fish. Rather jealous!

In regards to your photography questions. What modes have you been shooting in? I use a 450D myself and find that shooting in manual is best for fish. There are to many photo's to offer advice on each one but some of them are great shots such as the fronts as they are a slow moving fish which allows you to focus easily on them. There are also a few soft photos of some of the Malawi's due to the fact that they are such a fast moving fish.

I'll try and track down the settings I used when I kept fish.

The first shots (i think are the better) were taken using a 450D on the auto setting and the second lot with the newer 500D again on auto. I think I may have to take the camera back, I took about 40 photos last week of products for the webpage and only 23 turned out :angry:

Thanks any advice would be great!!

Hi Ben

That wild caught lethrinops red cap is amazing im sure he had a hefty price tag. Hopefully we can see some of these beauties fry for sale on your new website is it up yet.

John

Thanks, they weren't too bad. I've currently had little luck with them spawning, though a friend has a few from the same lot as mine that spawn regularly :confused: , I can put you in contact with him if you'd like though he is overpriced chasing $65+ for 3cm fry (I would expect to pay $45 for F1 3cm at a shop).

Ahhh, this blasted website! Its coming I never knew there was so much involved. I’ve got to spend a few solid days and it should be up.

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

That wild caught lethrinops red cap is amazing im sure he had a hefty price tag. Hopefully we can see some of these beauties fry for sale on your new website is it up yet.

John

Thanks, they weren't too bad. I've currently had little luck with them spawning, though a friend has a few from the same lot as mine that spawn regularly :confused: , I can put you in contact with him if you'd like though he is overpriced chasing $65+ for 3cm fry (I would expect to pay $45 for F1 3cm at a shop).

Ahhh, this blasted website! Its coming I never knew there was so much involved. I’ve got to spend a few solid days and it should be up.

Thanks

Ben

Maybe send me a PM :B

Mike

Archived