New Fish Room

Noddy65

hrmm no reply?

Sorry mate...been a bit slack

Have:

meleagris, similis, signatus, julies, speciosis, gold ocelatus and am growing up a small pair of Gold head comps in there.

Currently have fry from the similis and julies

Mike

ps: setup another rack on the weekend...this is a couple of six footers...will get pics when theyre finished.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest acquasition...he hasnt mastered the opening of the jar thing yet and cant really lift his hands above his head to drop the food into the tank...but Im working on it :)

Methinks your latest Fishroom acquisition will grow quite well. As long as you keep the food up.

PS What measures are you applying to keep him clean? Trickle, dangle or sand filtration? :lol5: or perhaps something else? Please also make sure you sand any sharp edges down, we don't want any cuts on him from the tanks.

Newest addition is gorgeous, congrats :thumb

Good to see him being trained young, he'll grow well on that stuff :yes:

Congrats Mike,

Good to see he's keen on the fish already, my daughter turns two in February and she already knows when the fish need feeding and comes running in with the NLS, she especially loves feeding the fry. He'll be a big help for you. Hope your wife is doing well and that he's settling in just fine.

Cam.

Soooo close to being finished...Parkesq gave me some encouragement when I visited his place the other day...he couldnt believe I HAD THE TANKS but hadnt set them up

Anyway...I was intending to do the last rack will on leave after the birth of the son but things just sort of got away from me....

So...the last rack went in today...I need another 4 nuts and bolts to attach the lights...three x three footers went in the rack...Im waiting for the neighbours to get home tonight to put the 6 footer on the rack...Ill do the plumbing tomorrow and then thats pretty much it

Mike

Soooo close to being finished...Parkesq gave me some encouragement when I visited his place the other day...he couldnt believe I HAD THE TANKS but hadnt set them up

Anyway...I was intending to do the last rack will on leave after the birth of the son but things just sort of got away from me....

So...the last rack went in today...I need another 4 nuts and bolts to attach the lights...three x three footers went in the rack...Im waiting for the neighbours to get home tonight to put the 6 footer on the rack...Ill do the plumbing tomorrow and then thats pretty much it

Mike

Long time coming when you finish you can look at your master piece and think of all the hard work and sweat that went into the job. Not cutting one corner will also help in the long run so you have an easier job when cleaning and so forth. And you don't want here the what if.

So i think everyone would like to raise a toast to the hard work and commitment you have shown to complete this job and to also take us on this journey. we all say thank you.

Cheers

John

OK...here goes

Fry tanks

All 24 x 12 x 12.

Plumbed into a single sump

UV unit on sump

Room for another 6 tanks as money becomes available

IPB Image

Back wall

Left side is 24 x 12 x 18

All plumbed off single sump

Houses various shellies

Space on the extreme right for another three tanks

UV unit on sump

IPB Image

Right side all 36 x 24 x 18 high

All plumbed of a single sump

Houses all tangs

Top shelf is used for storage but will eventually have 24 x 12 x 12 tanks for apistos and natives run off individual sponges

IPB Image

Overview of complete wall

IPB Image

Front wall

Two 6 x 2 x 20 inches

Run off a sump

Houses all tangs

Top shelf has some 24 x 12 x 12 for apistos

IPB Image

Six 36 x 24 x 18

One 6 x 2 x 20 inches

Run off a sump

Will house mostly malawis

Space for another 3 footer on the bottom row

(Only finished this today. No water in the bottom tank yet)

IPB Image

Mate, looks amazing, congratulations, keen to hear your advice to others that decide to follow in your footsteps, what you've learnt from it all? and maybe some of the pricing and technical reasons why you chose certain products / brands over others.

Congratulations again, job well done.

Archived