Frontosa gone very disappointed

snoffncountry

Hi all,

This is just a reminder to never rush what you are doing when it comes to your tanks as I have just learnt this the hard way today. I was trying to help a mate out yesterday and in my haste to get going i left one of the lids to my frontosa tank off and when I went out to my tanks this morning I found my alpha male on the floor and long gone. So all please remember to place your lids back as I will make sure I will be doing in future. I bought him over 12 months ago and he was about 23cm and will be very hard to replace at the moment. So don't forget your tank lids PLEASE!!!.

Regards

George and Kim

True.

I have a 16cm silver shark that is a pro at jumping. I have a 400L tank thats only 300L full but he can jump the 25-30cm out of the tank with ease. Luckly we have always been there to put him back.

I keep plenty of fronts to and they often jump up and head butt the glass when they get a fright. Luckily my lids are 10mm and just a bit too heavy for them to lift.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Darned jumpers!!

I have recently acquired my first fronnies and have heard that they can jump out of the small gap between the lid and an overhang filter. Should I be putting some kind cloth mesh or something in this gap?

Sorry to hear of your loss. Darned jumpers!!

I have recently acquired my first fronnies and have heard that they can jump out of the small gap between the lid and an overhang filter. Should I be putting some kind cloth mesh or something in this gap?

Hi Nazim,

i would before you suffer the same loss. It was a lesson hard learnt by me and this is just to remind people to place their lids back after they have finished tending to their tank or (tanks in most of our cases).

Regards

George and Kim

I went and bought some stiff netting from Spotlight to tape between the glass and the overhangs. Hopefully this will keep my fronnies from getting out. Fingers crossed!

my brother just lost a 15cm spotted gar through a 2.5cm cut out in the back corner of the lid. very disapointing as i was 'babysitting' his $450 fish :cryblow:

Ouch ... how did you brother take it? :cryblow:

Archived