Tanks (Excellent quality)

sofiko

Another vote for Xtreme. Never had a problem with them and prices seem reasonable.

I went down there on the weekend with two 5ft pieces of glass from a broken tank I had and asked him to cut them into some lids for me which he did. When I asked him how much I owed him he said nothing. Which was pretty good considering it took him about 20mins and it was nice and hot on saturday

I found that Xtreme were doing some standard tank builds (don't know if you'd call a 4x2x2 a standard, but anyway...) at close to half price on an Australian aqua related auction site... Can't name it... Enough of a hint there for you to find it.

But it's another good way to pick up a quality tank at a reasonble price...

No he doesn't. But he can get them for you, but I wouldn't consider the cabinets cheap.

For a cheap stand, hood and tank I found these guys one of the cheapest click me they quoted a 6x2x2 with stand and hood with a bio ball sump including the pump for under $800 a few years ago. Not sure what their pricing is like now though.

edit looks like others on ACE have used them as well http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?show...amp;hl=cheapest

Hey guys....Can we stick to my original question??? The content seems to have drifted to recommended tankbuilders and cabinetmakers in the last several threads.

I had my idea of who to get to build my next tank even BEFORE I started this post.

My question was NOT "who" builds great tanks but "WHAT" makes a great tank (workmanship, strength, materials, etc....)

MOST tankbuilders will always build you the perfect tank WHEN the customer knows exactly what he wants.

Thanks to all who have given me great ideas about great tanks so far (Type of glass, good bracing, black silicon, quality slide lids, beveled edges and plumbing/holes in weirs)....Please keep it coming along those lines :thumbup:

To anyone else who needs to know WHO builds the best tanks or cabinets - I suggest you either look to previous posts (There's been plenty of them....The "Search" function is your friend :)); or start your own little post.

Huzzy on here has a nice large tank, I think he told me St George made it for him.

Thought you could talk about me and get away with it huh? :)

Yes, my tank was made by StGeorge. I could not say more positive things about Laurie and the guys.

Everything was done exactly as described for the exact quoted price, made BEFORE the estimated delivery date, and all plumbing parts required were included and well thought out.

I called 6 - 8 other aquarium places with a specific list of what I wanted.

Every place was the same, they took my details, said they would quote it and call me back.

Not a single one called me back, I guess because 10ft was out of their league or there are easier fish to fry?

Anyways I chased these other aquariums for weeks and only managed to get 3 or 4 quotes until someone suggested St George.

I called, got put on to Lauri and gave him my specs and wish list. He quoted me then and there on the phone and the whole procedure took less than 20 minutes. AND he was less than half the price of the next lowest quote I had. Gave him a deposit over the phone, and 2 weeks later I was +1 tank.

Hey guys....Can we stick to my original question??? The content seems to have drifted to recommended tankbuilders and cabinetmakers in the last several threads.

ooops....just ignore my above post :roll:zipit:

ooops....just ignore my above post :roll:zipit:

Kind of is related, as it gives another option if sofiko's first choice to build the tank is not keen ;)

Yeah I'm talkin' about ya whatcha going to do!!

Sorry sofiko, please keep us all informed of what you decide on and who does the work, maybe with some pics as it comes together.

Regards,

Brett

Archived