Dry food for cichlids

Richard

Hey guys,

just after some new mixtures for foods that people on here use. does anyone mix their flakes, pellets and granules into one so their fish will have the maximun protien etc...

If so could you please post what you do mix together?

cheers

Richard

I mostly use Wardley Sprilina flake.

My own mixture is Pure Bio Spiriluna, Fresh water prawn meat, seaweed getalin extract(I forget the name) and Dried Seaweed in frozen squares. And occasionally peas/boiled spinich and cichlid floating pellet.

Though I only keep Malawis.

No one using Spectrum ?! That surprises me as it seems to be my fishes favourite dried food.

Mine get:

Spectrum(the little granules)with a small jar of Tetra colour bits mixed in. This mix is put through a salt grinder for the little ones.

OSI flake, again, crushed for fry etc

Frozen blood worms once a week for adults and twice a week for kiddies.

I also get them live brine shrimp or live blackworms occassionally.

Lata

Matt

Thanks guys for all the replies!

What i feed mine is Sera Vipan, Tetra Colorbits, Hikari Spirinula pellets and Hikari cichlid gold baby size pellets. The Hikari cichlid gold they dont really like. I find most my fish dont like eating floating foods so i dont feed them flakes.

I also feed them frozen brineshrimp 2 days a week.

cheers guys looks like im gonig shopping for some new foods!

Richard

Hey Richard

The guy at our LFS gave me some Sera Vipan as well today. I mixed that in with some tetra colorbits and some mysterious pellets that was given to me when I bought the tank. My fish love it!

Cheers

Paul

Flake only floats if you put it on the top. If you take a fingerful, put it below the water, and swish, it sinks, fairly slowly. I usually sprinkle and then a couple of minutes later I swish to get the remaining floaty bits to go down, that way the ones that eat on the top (usually my piranha-like fry) can do that, then the ones that like to wait get the rest.

Archived