transporting tankbusters

Cathyl

Gday, I have just bought a 60cm Dovii off Matthew Hoyle on this forum and would like some suggestions for what I could use to transport him back from Wollongong in? Also, can you get aquarium nets that big or would I need to use a net like you use when you go fishing? Any help much appreciated. Cheers. Kevin

For a fish that's as big as a dovii i'd use a fishing net.For transportation of big fish i use an old esky with 2 holes drilled in the top for my portable air pumps.cheers

Tomi.

Gday, thanks for that, though I dont think he would comfortably fit in an old esky at 60cms! Cheers.

For a fish that's as big as a dovii i'd use a fishing net.For transportation of big fish i use an old esky with 2 holes drilled in the top for my portable air pumps.cheers

Tomi.

Gday, thanks for that, though I dont think he would comfortably fit in an old esky at 60cms! Cheers.

I don't mean a 20litre esky :roll ,they come in large sizes aswell.

I've also used an eskie to transport large fish and it works a treat. I'd also recommend getting a landing net used for fishing. Spend a bit extra and get an 'Environet' type landing net. Won't damage the fish like the normal knotted cord nets.

http://www.sportsfish.com.au/library/produ.../environet.html

Just go to your local BCF and they should stock a couple of different brands. And while your there you can have a look at the eskies too if you don't have one big enough :thumb Instead of drilling holes in the eskie if it has a bung you could buy a secong bung and drill that to put the air hose through. That way the stone is always under water too.

Good luck with the move.

Cheers

Damo

Archived