Real Tankbusters!

fishguts

just wondering if anyone had kept these beauties... i found some for sale and i need to know a bit about em.. they are very healthy juvies, if not a bit dear, but beautiful just the same...

what are their requirements, you know, tank size,ph and that stuff.....im a pretty staunch south and central american fan but im thinking of making an exception for these guys... can you blokes help me to make my decission....

thanks

Jeff

just wondering if anyone had kept these beauties... i found some for sale and i need to know a bit about em.. they are very healthy juvies, if not a bit dear, but beautiful just the same...

what are their requirements, you know, tank size,ph and that stuff.....im a pretty staunch south and central american fan but im thinking of making an exception for these guys... can you blokes help me to make my decission....

thanks

Jeff

Very nice fish,the king of lake Tanganyika.They will require a tank of no less the 10ft & no less then 1000 litres,females have around 5,000-12,000 eggs per spawn when fully matured.I'm not sure on temp,ph,gh or kh but i'm sure that if you stick to 26-27C,ph of around 8.5 you will be right.Gh & kh in my Tang tanks are gh 10 kh 18.Hope this helps Jeff.cheers

Tomi.

thanks mate,

ive got a 8x2x2 and 10 peacock bass that im grooming to go in there, but they love it a little closer to neutral...shame really can you imagine feeding time if they were all about 18 inches long....watch your fingers :thumb

• 1 month later...

thanks

Jeff

hi, do you know any website that I can get a picture of these fish?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I as considering getting some of these not too long ago. I found the best source of information for these guys was members experiances on the monster fish forum. Heaps of information on there about everything. A thing that all the members who have kept these guy before put a strong emphasis on is they are very aggressive once they get over about 6". Attempts at keeping them with peacock bass usually results in the faster growing emperor cichlid killing the PB

Archived