Bichirs

pride

Hi,

Does anyone here keep plecos in a tank with Bichir's? I've heard they are likely to suck on the slime coat of the bichir causing stress and disease. I was planning to keep a bichir in the same tank as a sailfin but now paranoid.... :dntknw:

Thanks all,

What are the various foods people feed for young bichir's? I've divided the tank so it can be on its own for while small (around 8cm) as the tank has silver dollars and a couple of young geophagus which seem to hog all the food. I'm feeding little pieces of frozen krill, some sinking pellet and abit of bloodworm.

Recomendation: On keep your meal worn.

I normally put the meal worn in a bigger take away container with some wheat bix.

When ever I buy a new container of meal worn I would separate the meal worn in 3 t/a container.

In each container is would put 3 block of wheat bix and put some mw on top.

This will make the meal worms big and fat.

I would keep 2 t/a container in the fridge and only 1 out that I will be using.

By separation they you'll be asure that majority of then will still be alive when you need them.

Cheers

Chilli

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have kept a 14 inch ornate bichir with a 12 sailfin pleco sucessfully for about 2 years now. I have only ever seen the pleco try and suck on the bichir once, and that was only for about 2 seconds, before the sailfin just swam away.

Normally, they just leave each other alone. That has been my experience anyway

Rgds,

Dave

Archived