attention aline moliros/chipimbi

hilly

i will start at the begining i got a trio of these off a mate after his 3 year old son decided to pour a 1ltr can of varnish into his fish tank system while his back was turned painting tank stands.

he got them out and bought them over oringinally he bought 20 from a fish store but lost 17 due to bloat so i got 1 male 2 females.

when he got them he was told the were sp red but not where they came from so he assumed they were moliros not knowing there are different variants with in the sp red.

now from those 3 i got i now have 26 in the colony the 3 originals i got all look the same (chickenman phil will tell you this) all have the magenta stripe near the tail the others show this as well but not all the time depending on dominance so heres a few more pics to see what you think.

i hope you can help get to the truth of what these really are.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

will post some more pics of them later got to go watch my duaghter do karate now .

thank you

hilly

Great shots BTW :thumbup:

From what I see in these shots there are only a couple with the Chipimbi colouration. There are so many factors at play including camera and your lighting that may ke this identification a difficult one.

They appear far too red in the main body and the dorsal. Did the original three look like the fish I am calling a Chipimbi in your first post??

IPB Image

IPB Image

yes the origanal 3 i got all have that colouration if there was any difference in the begining i would not have taken them.

i will do my best to get some pics of the original 3 adults.

thanks for taking the time to help with this.

hilly

any ideas

hilly

Well there is no mistaking those now is there :)

If all offspring came from those three then you most certainly have chipimbi :)

It must be your lighting and that most may still be in juvenile dress :dntknw:

thanks Aline,

thats what i thought they were,i origanally had them at my place in a tank on there own and since then they have never been with any thing else apart from a second colony of duboisi we have growing up.

thats cleared that problem up (chipimbi not moliro).

thanks heaps

Phil :clap:thumb

Archived