Is this possible?

MVP

Is it at all possible that in a 6x2x2 a red devil wont feel he needs the whole tank? I have 4 choclate cichlids, 4 convicts, Blue acara and a large ghost knife none of which are small but arent quite as big as the red devil i have.

Do we think they could mix with any amount of work? IE lots of ornaments, no ornaments...

I hate having my red devil on his own there is nothing to make the tank interesting short of throwing something small and alive in there... Currently the red devil is in a 200L tank and is about 15-20cm not sure exactly and the rest of the cichlids are already in the 6x2x2 and well established. I'd hate to have to get rid of my Red Devil but if i can't put him with anything at all despite the size of the tank it may prove an only option. I know Red Devils can be kept in community situations as i've seen several in a tank at lams which is with 8ft or 10ft long.

I think you should be fine. I have had a pair of red devils around 30cms (M) and 20cms (F) breed in the tank with other fish in there..

As per your recommendation i have now moved the red devil into the 6x2x2... Should any of my fish die it is on your head :thumbup: lol He actually really sets off the colour in the tank, I just hope he doesnt go nuts in there :dntknw:

I just took this photo. Being the middle of the day there is too much reflection. I'm going to take some more photos tonight so hopefully they will show up better. I'll add the new pictures to the photo gallery but for now heres a pic :)

IPB Image

Mate he should be fine. With more aggressive fish, I usually add them after I add other not-so-aggressive fish.

He looks great! Keep your eye/s on him though in case he decides to be naughty.

• 1 month later...

Just for a bit of a progress report. The little guy is happy as larry. He chases someone a little every so often but seems more playful then anything. I really think he is enjoying the space to swim and doesnt seem to mind his tank mates so all is well :D The only problem i have now is i want to paint the back of the tank but there is no way in the world i am moving that tank :) well... Maybe i will... lol

Archived