Silver Arowana

henryliu

nick069.

Thanks for the reply mate. 2 thing's one i have sent you a P.M as i don't want to hijack someone's post. 2nd umm don't want to talk about this kind of stuff in the open as i no there are ppl cruseing the site's who would love to bust ppl who are just trying to keep the hard to get fish here in auzzie. Thanks again Nick. looking foward to hearing from you.

Tim.

hahahaha.......dont worry, i have had the fisheries visit me already, they thought my arra was a sarra.......lol. didnt really care about the other fish, was only concerned about my lungfish.

But it was all good, pretty cool people, jus doin thier job i suppose. My lungfish is now in an LFS display tank in richmond, melbourne.

i haver a pic of my lungfish, but if someone could help me post it up that would be good.

nick!

Hey Nick

Do you know of any small clown knives that may be going around. I have been after a small one for quite some time now, but so far haven't had any luck in finding any, let alone small ones lol

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Arrafanatic

• 1 month later...
Guest Shrimpee

Wow, thats quite cheap. Had a friend get a few Super Red Aros for sale at $4500 with certificate and microchip. You should of got one so your silver can have a buddy rolleyes.gif

i happened to notice this discussion and came across a US website which sells by bulk order. They are selling groups of 25 3" silver arowanas for US$48.25 (reduced from $250). There is also a flat delivery fee of approx US$110 but at about US$2 per fish this seems like a bargain to me.

http://www.riverwonders.com/catalog/i45.html

Is it legal to import these fish without a permit?

Foai

the only one's we can have here are the australian ones called saratoga.

2 types. Scleropages jardini and Scleropages leichardti. jardidi are the one with red spot on the body and leichardti are just silver.

saratoga and arowana are from the same famliy. when young u cant really tell them apart. they have the same shape body except from the scale on the body. saratoga have 7 (i think) rows off scale along the body and arowana only have 5 rows along the body.

and then these the South American Arowana. which was deplay on here.

well hopes that helps abit for those ppl who dont know to much about these fish.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest african-au

the arowana is a beautiful fish only people who own one can appreciate it, i met people 10 years ago who use to sell silver arowana's from $150 to $300 guys the price will never be set or cheap as the arowana is not legal in australia.

so we seek exotic & also elegal..... arnt we unbeleivabe rolleyes.gif its like buying clothes some people dress sharp & they pay up to $150 for a shirt ? and others are happy with a t-shirt..

i hope ive made some sense

good luck

Archived