vieja species

fishguts

g'day,

can somebody tell me just how big the viejas grow?.....i have a large pair of melanurus (25cm) and a single synspillum (21cm) and several fennestratum 18(cm) but i was very keen to know just how big they can get.... the fennies have doubled in size in about 2 months .......they stuff themselves to the point of looking like they have swallowed a golf ball....if you have kept these beauties and got them up to any sort of size, can you fill me in on there growth rates and potential size....

thanks Jeff :thumb

Both my synspilum & black belt hit 25cm pretty quickly & then slowed right down, haven't owned any other Vieja sp but I'm a fan. Someone on here had a fene pushing 40cm IIRC

Both my synspilum & black belt hit 25cm pretty quickly & then slowed right down, haven't owned any other Vieja sp but I'm a fan. Someone on here had a fene pushing 40cm IIRC

40cm!.....thats a thumper :thumb ive seen some pretty big pearsii,about that size....i know they arent vieja, but they look similar......

they definately fill up your space!!!!

seen plenty of fennies and black belts 40cm+

I guess they would be around 3-4 years old, most slow down at 25-30cm

nick!

40cm!.....thats a thumper :thumb ive seen some pretty big pearsii,about that size....i know they arent vieja, but they look similar......

they definately fill up your space!!!!

seen plenty of fennies and black belts 40cm+

I guess they would be around 3-4 years old, most slow down at 25-30cm

yeah i can believe that about the fennies,

mine are probably the fastest growing fish..that ive kept!!

they put on a lot of weight to the inch....

Archived