Opinion needed on current tankmates

steve24cro

I have a 6x2 tank with the following

1x giant gourami 20+ cm

1 x clown knife 20 - 25cm

1x common pleco 20cm

2 x gibbiceps 25cm

1x ghost knife 20cm

they all seem to get on well at the moment, the giant gourami seems to be boss, pushes the rest around etc I have had them all since they were tiny. Just wondering how this combo will be in the future when some of those fish get bigger...any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Hi Steve,

My first thoughts would be are you planning to upgrade the tank? The potential size of the Gourami even when kept in a tank would be my biggest concern, with the clown knife also posing a similar problem. Even at the size the gourami is now, it is the volume of the fish that you need to consider. (as you know, giant gourami's are very deep bodied fish). As far as the plecos go, they should be okay, as their growth is not as rapid as the gourami and the clown knife. The ghost knife should be fine as well, as 20cm is considered a good size in my opinion.

But yeah, as i said initially, the consideration of a tank upgrade would be my biggest concern, and even when all those fish get bigger, the gourami will still dominate, but all should lbe able to live peacefully in the same tank.

Hope this helps mate

Regards

Dave

Archived