torn between 2 fish

sean

hello everyone in a newbie to the world of cichlids (or fish keeping all together) i just purchased a nice tank its 99wx50dx61h aquaone AR-980 well anyways i work at a local pet shop and the fish carer at our shop has got me hooked on american cichlids we have a few at our shop (frontosa,red devil,and a acara)

but i am interested in the jack dempsey or a green terror. i just want some advice on the two fish and if i could possibly have one of each or a breeding pair of either in my tank (i no i could be looking at an upgrade ) but that would be for ages would it ???

any information would be awesome please ??????

open to other suggestions also different cichlids (but they must be big americans) in not really into the african thing i like my tankbusters :) :) :)

would it be ok to use guppies as feeder fish cause i get them for free from work if i want ????

hello everyone in a newbie to the world of cichlids (or fish keeping all together) i just purchased a nice tank its 99wx50dx61h aquaone AR-980 well anyways i work at a local pet shop and the fish carer at our shop has got me hooked on american cichlids we have a few at our shop (frontosa,red devil,and a acara)

but i am interested in the jack dempsey or a green terror. i just want some advice on the two fish and if i could possibly have one of each or a breeding pair of either in my tank (i no i could be looking at an upgrade ) but that would be for ages would it ???

any information would be awesome please ??????

open to other suggestions also different cichlids (but they must be big americans) in not really into the african thing i like my tankbusters :) :) :)

would it be ok to use guppies as feeder fish cause i get them for free from work if i want ????

Gday and welcome to fish keeping.

1 Frontosa are African

2That tank is real small for a large American. They are usually pretty messy and need lots of filtration.

3 You could go with some smaller fish like Nicaraguese. Great colorfull American grow to about 7" and are good for beginners

4 You are better off to feed your fish pellets as they have all the dietry needs built in. Also they have no unhealthy bacteria. The guppies will be hapier too.

Good luck with your fish keeping and post a pic of your tank when its fully set up.

Archived