Mini monster

Bruce

I am thinking of freeing up a 2ft tank and want to put some sort of monster fish in there. I know a lot of monster fish get big. I want something that will stay small with lots of character

Anyone got any ideas?

Bruce

Please keep to the rules Bruce! Animal cruelty is one of them!

Ok, I am pretty set on getting 2 freshwater soles and an African Butterfly fish. Both fish sound very cool. I will have to put in some sand for the soles.

Bruce

Sole are ambush/camoflage predators, which may make them a little boring. Not too sure though, anyone with experience keeping these? What about some small natives like Jungle Perch, or a Mouth Almighty.

I like the idea of an African Butterfly fish :yes:

Hi Bruce, I have only ever seen one Amazon leaf fish (Monocirrhus polyacanthus) over here...but ones things for sure, if you got it you would be the coolest kid on the block ;)

I did see a load of them in an aquarium in Dubai in a shopping centre that also housed a massive red tailed cat...was an interesting mix thats for sure.

Leaf fish will pop up every now and then in LFS's. Just keep an eye out. A few years ago, they were pretty hard to find. Then about 2 years ago, they were plentiful as I saw many in fish shops. My friend couldn't even sell his fully mature colony of leaf fish. He eventually got rid of them at a bargain price.

I haven't seen some in a while, but keep your eyes poised, I'm sure they will come up soon enough.

I think I have decided on the fish, 2 freshwater sole, an Amazon Leaf fish and a African Butterfly fish. I can get the soles and butterfly fish but the leaf fish I have no idea. Does anyone know where there are some available at the moment?

Bruce

tony at clearwater aquariums at corrimal has halfbeaks.....so does auburn aquarium....you're right ,they do look cool...but hardly "tankbusters"

Archived