Won battle with plants!

lucifuge

Hi all

Apologies if this is old news. I havent searched the forums for this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have won a battle with my plants in terms of nutrients. Forget the $$$ german stuff etc.

Aquasol + Seasol are all you need. Both of which can be had at Bunnings for $15 total and will last you a year.

Just add (keeping proportions):

Aquasol 5ml/50L

Seasol 10ml/50L

Do NOT mix these together. Add separately and with water change. My plants have absolutely gone off!!

Hope this helps :)

Check last 2 pix:

http://users.cyberone.com.au/brettski/fishy.html

I was a bit skeptical at first, but after 1 month or so, the plants started to really take off. My Anubias, Amazon swords etc, just love it.

The really interesting thing is it has a perfect balance (proportions) of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphous that aquatic plants take up. And most importantly, becuase the take up rate in the plants is so great, it inhibits algal growth.

Seriously, this is so brilliant, you wont be disappointed

cripes i chucked the Aquasol packet out :B "Hortico" rings a bell, but I could be talking out of my *ss. It shouldn't matter. The Seasol brand is Earth Care.

As for wattage, cripes I got 3 tanks all with diff lights. too lazy to check.

I've been battling for plants for years, with supposeldy kick-butt products. And what do you know, the cheapest and most natural works!!!

Does the Aquasol that you use come in liquid form? I was at Bunnings today picking up some other bits and pieces and went and had a look. All I could see was the powdered stuff (which I guess I could just mix up and use instead I suppose).

-Garth

Does the Aquasol that you use come in liquid form? I was at Bunnings today picking up some other bits and pieces and went and had a look. All I could see was the powdered stuff (which I guess I could just mix up and use instead I suppose).

-Garth

yeah it's blue/green crystals chief. just add warm water and stir until it dissolves

Actually I do have a quick question......

Going by your calculations I have worked out that I will need roughly 135ml of Seasol and 70ml of Aquasol, now do I add the Seasol/Aquasol as a concentrate straight from the pack or do I make up the Aquasol(for example) as per the directions on the pack eg. 1 scoop for 5 litres and then take 70ml from that?. Same with the Seasol do I dilute that first and then add to the tank or do I add 135ml of it straight into the tank.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd rather not kill my fish today. :lol1:

Going by your calculations I have worked out that I will need roughly 135ml of Seasol and 70ml of Aquasol, now do I add the Seasol/Aquasol as a concentrate straight from the pack or do I make up the Aquasol(for example) as per the directions on the pack eg. 1 scoop for 5 litres and then take 70ml from that?. Same with the Seasol do I dilute that first and then add to the tank or do I add 135ml of it straight into the tank.

Remember, you are only adding the Aquasol and Seasol in those proportions to a water change volume. For example, I have a 6ft tank, which has approx 700L water. If I do a 20% water change then I'm only changing 140L. So you need to work out the proportions on 140L only NOT the full tank displacement!!!

In this case you would need

Aquasol: 5ml/50L * 140L = 14ml (3 flat teaspoons approx)

Seasol : 10ml/50L * 140L = 28ml (6 flat teaspoons approx)

Remember, you are only adding the Aquasol and Seasol in those proportions to a water change volume. For example, I have a 6ft tank, which has approx 700L water. If I do a 20% water change then I'm only changing 140L. So you need to work out the proportions on 140L only NOT the full tank displacement!!!

In this case you would need

Aquasol: 5ml/50L * 140L = 14ml (3 flat teaspoons approx)

Seasol : 10ml/50L * 140L = 28ml (6 flat teaspoons approx)

Ahh OK Got It!

So glad I checked :)

Thanks

Did you add 700Lt worth initally, or, did you just start topping up with water changes. Also do you use rift lake salt in your aquarium? I do but Anubias and Javer fern dont seem to like it!

No. I think the amount for 700L would have been too overwhelming. So I only started with water changes.

I do use rift lake salts. Probably at about 80% recommended dose, again, only with water changes.

Archived