Arowanas and Gars

Arrafanatic

Gadday Guys,

I would like to add 2 spotted gars to my tank that already contains a 14inch Silver Arowana. The tank is an 8x3(w)x2(h). Can this be done with any sucess, considering that these fish both share the same area of the water column. Has anyone had experience with keeping Gars and Silvers together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Regards

Dave

yeah i have kept both gars and silver arrowanas, the silver was twice the size of the gars but i never had any problem, gars can also spend most of the time laying on the bottom. I guess its trial and error, if the arowana has spent most of its life in solitary, then he may not take a liking to new tankmates.

nick!

Gadday Guys,

I would like to add 2 spotted gars to my tank that already contains a 19inch Silver Arowana. The tank is an 8x3(w)x2(h). Can this be done with any sucess, considering that these fish both share the same area of the water column. Has anyone had experience with keeping Gars and Silvers together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Regards

Dave

Agreed.

Have kept them both together multiple times. Sometimes gars can be slower feeders, so just make sure they get their fill. Shouldn't be a problem though.

user posted image

• 1 month later...

I have to admit they look good together.

A bloke up here has a display tank with a little silver, gars, shovel cats, a couple types of bichir, some large discus, and a nice panaque. its an 8x3x4 I think...next time I will ask for a couple of snaps to post up here :thumbup: .

I asked how they all went together and he just said keep them well fed with a varied diet.

Good luck with it if you go ahead.

Cheers,

Brett.

Archived