Silver Arrowana

Sumtingfishy

I say "depending on quality", my friend recently offer me a 40cm super red for $6000 but i knock it back because of the quality

If your friend have a good quality, email more details to cyberfone@yahoo.com

Richard: silver will be $400-$500,

I dont think alot of people realise how big Silver arowana can get. They are not like the toga's who take a long time to hit 2' my silver got to 24" in 15months from 3". They can get to 3' and I have seen pics of 40"ers, not a fish for a 6x2. I wouldn't keep an adult to anything short of an 8x3 and even that's pushing it IMO.

I sold my 24"er for $350.

Hi people,i'm not into tank busters but the other week i was at atlantis aquariums and they had baby saratoga? (6-8cm) for $100ea.

Saratoga/arrowana both look very similar :): to me but i think they said saratoga.

i hope this has been some help.

Shane

Hey DOOBIE,

Yeah i saw them also, went to see if they were still therebut they were all sold! DAMN! although o saw some in community tanks by themselves i dont know if those ones are for sale. They also have a large arrowana there now.

p.s yeah they were saros doobie

cheers

Richard

I was always under the impression that silver arrowana's was a saratoga (jard/leich) but this thread seems to say otherwise.

What are some minute/obvious differences to look out for?

I'm asking as I am thinking about one later '04. :o

Ed

Your best bet is too just look at pics of each and get a rough idea of what each looks like. Kind of hard to get a feel for the differences with just a description.

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/xbackgold/youngjardini/

a young jardini

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/poipounder/damaged/

silver

Just a quick search on arofantics.com im sur eyou can find some better pics.

Hey Richard,

I saw some sarratogas at ideal aquarium at canley heights they were around $100 cant remeber exactly.

Also like to add did you see how deformed the arro is at atlantis it looked digusting they had 2 arrows there and one was okay looking the other was just shocking. blink.gif

Vas,

• 2 years later...

Archived