Started fish room project

Anthony Osmos

hey just wanted to share this with you all

in the process of changing all my tanks from normal varied sized tanks on cabinets and stands and run them a bit more efficently as i had arounf 15 tanks each having 150W-300W heaters and electric bills were too much,

So came up with this plan to save heating costs and boost filtration at the same time (having glass drill and bit is what got me going) off came 1 side panel of each tank and a 30mm hole/box/wier/bulkhead was installed.

Tanks i have runnig on system are

1x DEXION PALLET RACK 8.4ft long 3 tier conected is 1x DEXION PALLET RACK 1.4m Long 3 tier is conected to 1st rack also contected

1x 2ftx2ftx2ft H running of 1 mini reef

4x 4ftx18"x18"H running of 2 mini reefs (African Cichlids)+(Americans)

3x 3ftx18"x20"H running of 1 mini reef (Discus)+(South Americans)

1x Metal Rack soon to be dexion holding

2x 6ft x 18 x 20"H running of 1 mini reef (Asia Bio Type)+(Catfishes)

All Photos can be seen at AQUAROOMS

Thanks guys,

Mbuna: as for side pannels of tanks each one was cut out and drilled, (but i would advise the use of new glass for this purpuse as srcatched glass has more chance breaking. email me if you would like this done for a cheap price about $30 a panel.

Micheal & Kinerata: DEXION PALLET RACKING COST ABOUT $260 second hand for 8.4 feet x 20" three tier or $360 new and can be bought from DEXION SEVEN HILLS or SILVERWATER. email me for adress

Phenomena: Links are at bottom of page see my fish+tank photos

thanks again every 1

Hi Anthony,

Your fishroom looks terrific. I use alot of 'Hammerlock' shelving for my fishroom which works out tons cheaper than trad. aquarium stands and is readily available. An example of cost is around $260.00 for 24' of tanks ie. I've set it up as double racking (12' top, 12' beneath) x 2' wide. Doesn't look strong but claims to hold 350kg per 3' x 2' shelf.

merjo

Tony,

looks like you've been taking photos at my place. Where ever did you get such an idea...?

How are you finding the dexion pallet rack is holding up to the weight? I've heard that with long spans, even this stuff will bend?

Craig

hey craig,

yes have been thinking of this for quite some time but seeing your setup a few years back certainly made me move butt, but andys dexion racks were what got me thinking about pallet racks holds roughly 1.5T/ shelf, so i can put my car on it :lol: well wouldn`t that be something.

i`ll have to come over soon craig as i need some of your Mystery Snails how much for say 50.

cheers

hey guys just let you all know i`m starting Step Two as i got more of the dexion rack to support my

STEP 2

3x 3ft x18" x20"H running of 1 mini reef and having 3x 3ft trickel/overhead glass filter on each 3ft for back up. running 1x Lowda sump pump running 100L/minute (i think a bit of taping is required :lol: )

i`ll post photos on my site as soon as i finish then Step 3 in another week or so

STEP 3

2x 6ft x18" x20"H on two tier pallet rack running of 1 minireef and having 1x glass Trickel/overhead filter each post pics soon o i can wait to see it finished

cheers

Archived