Info on buying 4ft setup

hungsta

My friend would like brand new 4ft setup......

can u advice me on where to buy

a stand

a tank

a filter

at the best price possible and possibly good quality as well

also do you know any shops that sells a good package.....

if u were going to buy one what would u do?

hi there.

for the filter i would defnetly buy from ben from ageofaqariums. he was a sponser of the old forum so i hope im still able to recomend him :p . his website is www.aquariumproducts.com.au/ and he is the best value for aqarium products.

As far as tanks go i have heard extreme aqariums is good and "not just fish" at rockdale is very reasonably priced (although check the glass thickness) :): . I'm not to sure about stands theres usually a few floating around in the classifieds section. ;)

hope this helps

thanx odessy...

had a look today and st george sells theres for 85 with lids.....

will call not just fish and see.....

have anyone got a stand from JIM in punchbowl from the classified? would this be better than getting it from a LFS.

Hey Hung,

You should check out Atlantis aquarium if your after a cabinet and tank. They have a very good supplier and cheap rices aswell.

I have bought many tank set-ups there and their quality and service is VERY good!

worth a look mate.

cheers

Richard

u can get a tank at monarco i think its called at canley vale for $40

I don't think Monaco has a 4' at that price (I was there last Sunday, tempted by tanks, but bought elsewhere as I wanted a wider tank for plants).

FWIW, Lams has some decent PC light going cheap.

Hello...

Anyone got any experience with the guy at Punchbowl in the Trading Post? Anyone know what his price and quality are like?

Or would it be better to buy the whole shebang from Atlantis?

Does anyone know of a place on the northside that has good prices (yeah - I know - in my dreams...) :D

Cheers - OziOscar.

Hi,

I got my cabinet off Jamil at punchbowl (from the trading post).

He is extremely reliable and is happy to make any changes to the design of the cabinet that you want. Just make sure he writes the changes down otherwise he might forget to do them. :D

Jamil is also very fast in making the cabinet and usually has them ready within a couple of days.

BTW he also does deliver.

Do you have a contact number for him? I couldn't see an advert from him in the current edition.

What size cabinet / hood did you get from him? What was the price like? What kind of customisations did you get?

I don't mind going over to Punchbowl, but if I can get away without it it's even a happier experience for me. ;) How much was delivery to where?

Cheers - OziOscar.

I don't have his details with me. Others from the forum have also had their cabinets built by him. His margins must be so low that he didn't even have a business card to give me. ;)

I got a cabinet for my 4 x 2 x 2 tank, he can even do staining in a colour of your choice.

I wanted him to put extra bracing across where the bottom of the tank sits on the cabinet but he forgot to. Bu it doesn't seem to have mattered. BTW I have seem cabinets in shop for 4 foot tanks that have no bracing so I don't know how long they would last before cracking your tank.

The price was very good. Because you are getting it straight from the manufacturer you will probably get it delivered and stain for the same price as what it would be raw from your LFS.

When you get his number give him a call for the prices because I am sure they would have changed.

Thanks for the heads-up on giving written instructions for customisations.

Sounds like a fella that could be worth spending some money with.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Archived