what Americans can go with a Ghost knife?

<H1>what Americans can go with a Ghost knife?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: luke austin</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi everyone,

<br>

I scored a ghost knife for free the other day, it's about 4" long. I'm wanting to put it in my new 5' tank but i was going to put Americans in there, I was just wondering what americans will go with the GK without any hassels? Can fish like Jack Dempseys go with it or are they a little fiesty?

</DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Gcichlid</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi Luke

<br>

Your black ghost knife fish might be a tad 'delicate' for the more aggressive Americans incl Dempseys.Ghost knife fish usually coexist or at least manage to keep out of the way of most tankmates but they have very soft skins and if a dempsey etc give them a hard nip you could have problems with infections,ulcers etc. Once infected, ghost knife fish dont do real well.If you are going to keep with Americans I'd go for smaller less aggro varieties like sajica,ports,blue acaras,spirrilum or even firemouths.

<br>

Nick

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Mudtea</STRONG><BR><BR>I agree w/ Nick that ghost knifes are quiet "delicate".

<br>

<br>

I used to have 2 red oscar (abt 8cm) and 2 black ghost knife (abt 6cm) and other cichlids in my tank.

<br>

<br>

Once we were renovating a room, and we were sanding some plaster off the wall. We forgot to close the door, and all the dust managed to get into the fish tank.

The water became very polluted with lots of fine powders.

<br>

<br>

All the other fish were fine, but the ghost knife wasn't doing so well. The oscar ate one. We sent the remaining ghost knife to a friend's community tank, and his ghost knifes (bigger ones) ended up killing our sick ghost knife.

<br>

<br>

Mudtea

<br>

Parramatta

</DIV>

Archived