Feeding Greens

Ged

</DIV><H1>What greens do you feed ?</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: ezat</STRONG><BR><BR>Just a question,

<br>

<br>

I had a piece of lettuce. Washed it well and put it in the tank. The oscar, barcoo grunter and others especially texas cichlid loved it.

<br>

<br>

What other greens do people use?

<br>

<br>

I heard zuchini is a good one.

<br>

<br>

Thanks.

<br>

<br>

Ezat

<br>

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: 00 MooRRii 00</STRONG><BR><BR>Only ones i ever use are zuccini and peas.

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: citypainter</STRONG><BR><BR>I feed my fish all sorts from Lettuce and cucumber, zuchini, peas, steamed broccoli. Also prawns, egg yolk, cheese so long as it dosn't linger in the tank too long I think it's ok.

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: fiona ls</STRONG><BR><BR>Lettuce, peas, beans, zucchini, cucumber, broccoli, pumpkin (OK it's not green), cabbage family greens (i.e. cabbage and broccoli leaves and so on), hmm, maybe others I'm not thinking about. Oh yes, silver beet. Just go a bit easy on silver beet/spinach because of the oxalic acid content, which may be toxic in large quantities. Although David has frozen spinach as one of his ingredients in his home made recipe. Perhaps the oxalic acid is modified by freezing/cooking? Dunno. Don't want to risk it. Oxalic acid is what makes rhubarb leaves poisonous.

<br>

<br>

Probably most of the vegies you would eat would be OK so long as they like it and they don't pollute the water. Make sure there are no contaminants on/in what you feed them, fish are little and may be more susceptible to them than we big people.

Archived