Crushing Pellets

Ged

</DIV><H1>crushing pellets</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: burundi 6 bar</STRONG><BR><BR>Some months ago a wise [old]man suggested a tool that i thought was a little weird for feeding fish.

<br>

But the other day finally i was given one of these tools for my own use,it works a treat also.

<br>

Well done AGAIN Mark[cichlids_au],who would of thought a pepper grinder had a use in a fish room.But it sure works fine

little mess and no time wasted crushing pellets for fry no-more

<br>

No more pellets flying all over the place ,good stuff Mark.

<br>

<br>

be sure you dont mix pellet grinder with pepper grinder though

<br>

<br>

Cheers

<br>

Darryl

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: BlakeyBoyR</STRONG><BR><BR>thats an excellent idea !

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: hyperdive</STRONG><BR><BR>I've been using the grinder for many years. I've also found that getting a lump of spirulina flakes, putting them in a fish bag and rolling them around in the palm of your hand crushes them into powder perfectly. You then add the powdered flake to the pepper grinder along with the pellets. I still crush my big orca pellets between two bits of perspex and add them to the grinder.

<br>

<br>

So I guess the grinder doesn't do too much grinding but it's perfect for sprinkling the fry food out without the fear of getting water in the container.

<br>

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Cichlids au</STRONG><BR><BR>Imix NSWCS pellets, spirulina flakes and tetra bits and give them that as a blended mix. works its way through the grinder just fine.

<br>

<br>

Cheers Darryl, I'm glad your pleased

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: MagicaDiSpell</STRONG><BR><BR>What a great idea. I used to use mortar and pestle for a while. RSI stopped me eventually.

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Baz</STRONG><BR><BR>I'm also a fan of the grinder. I find it the best way to feed fry.

<br>

<br>

</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Beagly</STRONG><BR><BR>G'day

<br>

<br>

I have used pepper grinders before, but now I use an old electric coffee grinder.

<br>

<br>

I make up about 200 grams of food and when the fry need feeding I just take out a small scoop.

<br>

<br>

CYA Beagly...

Archived