Electric Yellow

<H1>Electric Yellow Beard</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: BlackOscar</STRONG><BR><BR>I have 5 electric yellows, 4-5cm, and i think mostly all male. Last week i noticed the dominant male having a black line above the mouth, like a moustache, then a few days later it had something like a beard. I have heard many people say when this happens they are ready to breed, but are they able to breed at this size?

<br>

<br>

After a few days all the other electric yellows also grew a moustache and a small beard.

<p>

Thanks..

<br>

Jimmy

<br>

lil_cabra_gansta@hotmail.com

<br>

Cabramatta, Sydney</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: snake187</STRONG><BR><BR>wish you luck mate.

<br>

<br>

Andrew

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: BlackOscar</STRONG><BR><BR>Im asking if its possible for that size, not that im going to breed..

<p>

Thanks..

<br>

Jimmy

<br>

lil_cabra_gansta@hotmail.com

<br>

Cabramatta, Sydney</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: citypainter</STRONG><BR><BR>Yes they will breed at 4-5 cm. The bigger the fish gets the larger the amount of fry that will be born.

<br>

I don't milk mine I just let them go and I have babies all over the tank in every nook and cranney.

<br>

Beware though that if you have too many males and not enough females you will have the males fighting eachother and the females being harrassed. You might be better off getting rid of a couple of males or moving them into another tank.

<p>

Padstow, Sydney.</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: saudukar</STRONG><BR><BR>Black hoods on electric yellows have been recorded in wild specimens.

<br>

<br>

It is believed to be proof of a high protien diet and virility in males.

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: MalawiMayhem</STRONG><BR><BR>where did you hear that?

<br>

<br>

thanks

<p>

<br>

MalawiMayhem.com</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: YeW2001</STRONG><BR><BR>It is diet related.

<br>

<br>

It will disappear if your fish eat less vegetable matter.

<br>

<br>

<p>

<br>

-- YeW | ICQ: 259452</P></DIV>

Archived