meal worms

Fins

<H1>meal worms??</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aquaclear</STRONG><BR><BR>Does anyone have an idea on how long these critters take to pupate into beetles? I've had them in the right conditions now for about a month and nothing thus far....any input will be helpful!

<p></P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: SciBlue</STRONG><BR><BR>Gday aquaclear. Temperamental little things you can play with these guys minds by changing the heat conditions that they are in. If you can put them in a warm dry place like on top of your hot water system (if its inside) this will make them think its summer and they go nuts but they seem to to pupa stage when they feel like it. Just dont let them get too warm!!!

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Barra</STRONG><BR><BR>you might want to throw like a little bit of potato off-cuts in there, they seem to like those and that seems to induce the whole transformation thing.

<br>

does anyone out there know how healthy meals worms are for fish?

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aquaclear</STRONG><BR><BR>Barra, I know they are high in protein and should be given to Africans only on occasions. But Oscars are another story. I think they like the high protein meal more often...I make my own veggie food once a month and thought of growing the meal worms as well, geez they are stubborn!

<br>

thanks all the same...

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: slotha</STRONG><BR><BR>Put in slices of potato for them to eat and newspaper for them to lay their eggs on. Mine go crazy

<p>

Tim

<br>

<br>

The problem with political jokes, is that we elect them.</P></DIV><p><p><div align='center'>The Sydney Cichlid Page ©2004</div>

Archived