help with texas

<H1>help with texas </H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>hey guys.....

<br>

<br>

i'm also having problems with my male and female texas....

<br>

<br>

the male seems to always attacking the female whereever it hides.....

<br>

<br>

i introduced the female to the male not long ago......

<br>

and since then he is attacking her badely..... not nipping the fins

<br>

just chasing her around the tank if you get what i mean !!!!

<br>

<br>

so if anyone can help with this please help ?

<br>

this female has spawned before with a different male but in a different tank !!!!....

<br>

<br>

thx in adv

<br>

c ya

<br>

</DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Link 2 Hell</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi

<br>

Give the female some hiding places by using PVC tube and floating some ag pipe if he can't get in to her it will be a safe refuge she can rest in

<br>

He has found that she she hasn't measured up to his preferences by the sounds of things, that is what jaw locking establishes in Americans

<br>

I take it the female is considerably smaller than the male and it was his tank to start with

<br>

Can you advise what size the fish are

<br>

L2H

<br>

<br>

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>hey link

<br>

<br>

there's about 4 pots in the tank and some of these pots are small for the male to go in it as well as plenty of rocks....

<br>

<br>

the male is about 10cm and the female is about 7cm

<br>

and yes the male was before the female in the tank.....

<br>

<br>

the same thing was happening to my jackies but now the female is always inside the pot and the male is outside.... guarding the area... but as soon as the female come out he starts chasing her around until she gets back to the pot.....

<br>

<br>

do you know anything about this ?

<br>

<br>

i appreciate any help with both the jackies and ther texas if you have any ideas on what's happening

<br>

<br>

thx in adv.

<br>

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Pierced Soul</STRONG><BR><BR>typical american male/female interactions. sometimes they get on fine othertimes they try and kill each other. I have the same probs with my neets. Several things you can do till they get used to each other if you dont like the hiding places

<br>

- divide the tank, males on one side, females on the other. this may not work if you have a community tank

<br>

<br>

-add other fish in tehre for the male to harass, sometimes he will start chasing otehr fish and leave the female alone.

<br>

<br>

- get a bigger tank. when in doubt a bigger tank often works wonders.

<br>

<br>

pairing americans can be tricky, sometimes they just refuse to pair. Best way to pair em up is grow out a batch of young ones and they'll pair up themselves (not always teh cheapest way).

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: aymenz</STRONG><BR><BR>thx mate

<br>

<br>

i'll try the deviding way...

<br>

because the hiding places way is not working properly

<br>

<br>

c ya

<br>

</DIV>

Archived