Sexing Altolamprologus calvus yellow - Zambia

<H1>Sexing Altolamprologus calvus yellow - Zambia </H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Cichlid breeder</STRONG><BR><BR>hi

<br>

i am buying two Altolamprologus calvus yellow - Zambia and i was just wondering if anyone knows how to sex them and what i should ook for when sexing them. they are about 4-5 cm

<br>

<br>

<br>

Thanx

<p></P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: akaomar</STRONG><BR><BR>hi abz

<br>

<br>

Sexing is extremely difficult to do in juvenile fish.The best thing 2 do is buy 6 juveniles and let them pair up and make sure you sell the rest because the males tend 2 fight and get alot aggressive.

<br>

<br>

THIS IS 4 BLACK CALVUS

<br>

<br>

Males get larger and usually have a higher forehead whereas the female stays a little more "bullet" shaped.

<br>

<br>

and if you still can't tell try to get the largest one and several smaller ones.

<br>

<br>

make sure you research about the fish before you buy it

<br>

<br>

IMO i like black calvus more

<br>

<br>

i hope this helps mate

<br>

<br>

cya omar

<p></P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lungy01</STRONG><BR><BR>Hi there C.B

... i think that buying any small alto's you need

<br>

to get like 6 as a minimum

..Unless you have grown them up yerself it's hard to get a positive id of sex at 4 cm ...

<br>

But bare in mind females r ready to go @ 5 cm

<br>

Andy...

<p>

EMINEM & LINKIN PARK RULE & I ALSO HAVE A LARGE COD !!! tongue.gif

<br>

<br>

Brownsplains - Brisbane - drumpak@bigpond.com</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: hyperdive</STRONG><BR><BR>And you will make money when you end up selling the extras. Thaey will be in high demand for a long time yet, so you'll have no problem selling them.

<br>

<p>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends....</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: lungy01</STRONG><BR><BR>Hey Andy "thaey"

, but i can see that the a key is near the e key

so i guess i can stay huh ???

<br>

Andy ...

<p>

EMINEM & LINKIN PARK RULE & I ALSO HAVE A LARGE COD !!! tongue.gif

<br>

<br>

Brownsplains - Brisbane - drumpak@bigpond.com</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Link 2 Hell</STRONG><BR><BR>With Alto's I find that the bigger ones that show more body height tend to be males, so look at a larger one and a smaller one if you are only getting 2 fish

<br>

Good luck

<br>

L2H

<p>

link2hell2002@yahoo.com

<br>

<br>

<br>

Despite all my rage

<br>

I'm still just a rat in a cage

<br>

Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings</P></DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Cichlid breeder</STRONG><BR><BR>thanx guys for all your help

<p></P></DIV><p><p><div align='center'>The Sydney Cichlid Page ©2004</div><p>

Archived