Raising caudo fry

<H1>Raising caudo fry</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Cam04</STRONG><BR><BR>My caudos had their first spawn last week, and as a result, I have about 25 or so little fellas swimming around outside mum and dad's shell.

<br>

<br>

I have been adding (try no to put my hands to close so as not to upset the parents) frozens BBS and crushed up fry-bites and mikropan. As they have nested right near the filter intake, I am not sure how much food the little ones are getting, but it must be some as they are fat and seem to be getting bigger.

<br>

<br>

What is the general concensus as to how long to leave the fry with the parents? I was thinking around thirty days before I remove them.

<br>

<br>

Any thoughts or tips?

<br>

<br>

Cheers

<br>

Cam

<p></P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Lee Hodge</STRONG><BR><BR>yer, sounds fine to me. Caudos are fairly hardy when at a young age and will grow quite fast. Although if u see any agression between the parents consider removing the fry because my pr faught last spawn and in the end it resulted in them eating the fry, although they have eggs again. Also if u remove the fry the pr will breed again in about 2 weeks after the fry being removed.

<br>

HTH, good luk

<br>

lee

<p></P></DIV><p><p><div align='center'>The Sydney Cichlid Page ©2004</div><p>

Archived