Golden Aro.

fishlover

The question should be posed, is it a Red Tail Golden (originate from Indonesia) or a X-back Golden (Originate from Peninsular Malaysia).

Super reds are NOT the most expensive mind you. The X-back goldens are often pricer than the Super red. wink.gif

Looks to me like the Malaysian Golden. (top half of the RTG is usually a dark brown colour whereas the X-back golds have uniform reddish brown thru the whole tail).... I could be wrong and this could be a very good quality RTG. sad.gif

Either way, looks like a very nice young fish. Good finnage and nice thick body.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

sorry for the confuse comment.

ALex is correct , i meant to say the price he paid for the golden + another $800.

And what Kev say is also correct, cross back golden is more pricer than a super red. BUt Looking from the pic, the fish is not a cross back.

And i agree with Tam, look like a RTG, but a very good quality one.

its an rtg big kev!

look closely, the shines just go up to the 4th level with tiny specks on the 5th...

Tam

Answer: this is my HighBack Red Tail Golden.

in future, this aro could be cross back or not because it's still in Juv size around 10cm. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

fishlover : how big is it now ? is it a big eater ? what are you feeding it?

i'd like to add.

its not always correct to assume that just because the colours just goes up to the 4th level that its automatically a RTG...

Xbacks can have these features too... and crosses over with age

im no expert it was just a guestimate.

Cheers

Tam

OK im going to ask please dont call me a tool what do you mean 5th level on the scales im thinkinjg you mean something like where the speackles are on the scale level determin's what they are???. If no one want's to reply thats fine but does somone have info about this??.

Thanks again guy's.

Tim.

5th row/level is the => 5th row of scale going horizontal across the body of the

arrowana counting from the bottom.

All RTG have a gold body with Red tail (native fish of Indo) ,

most RTG, the gold body only clour up the 4th row whereas a few/rare RTG

clour up to the 5th row. This is call high back RTG, this feature will add an extra

$1000 to the value of the fish.

hope that clear up for u Tim

(Tam @ Mar 30nd 2005 @ 12:05  )

fishlover : how big is it now ? is it a big eater ? what are you feeding it?

it's just around 10cm in baby size and bought from xx H2O xxx. also it is very big eater and feeding with the baby of crickers and mealworms.

here is my aro pic updated:

user posted image

Archived