My Cichlids are trying 2 kill each other NOW!

jefflid

Hi anyone!!!

I have a major problem on my hands. I was doing a routing 1/4 water change this afternoon, and after I had done it, my 2 jewels starting attacking each other! I wasn't sure if they were 2 males, but now I know. They were trying to bite each others lips off, and as an emergency procedure, I scoped one of them out and chucked him in a bucket. I've got an air stone in the bucket but I don't know what I should do - I can't keep him in there to long, or else he'll probably die on me.

I only have to hold them till saturday when I'll be taking them to a fish auction, and up till now they have been civil to one another, but sure enough, they have to start their fighting now. I have the jewel in my main tank along with my Malawi Dolphin, but I need some advice on on how to keep them all alive until Saturday. I don't have anything that I can divide the tank with, so if anyone has any ideas, please, let me know A.S.A.P

Cheers

Distressed.

Have you introduced one of them recently or have they been in the tank for some time? Altering the structures in the tank (decor) may be enough to put them off fighting with each other.

Gerard

Archived