Price for a silver aro?

clint8

hmmm...no offence nova and wui, but friends friend, and apparently bred in QLD is what i would consider to be hear say.

im guessing someone has bred them here but i would doubt in a commercial quantity.

i'm pretty sure that the ones floating around at the moment are not local bred wink2.gif. but im happy to be proven wrong.

once again no offence intended just open to discussion thats all.

cheers

hey momo, its not a hear say. i know someone who has breed them in their pond, its pretty far north where the temperature is fairly warm all year round.

the ones that was around lately were pretty much from overseas but give it time and soon in the market we will have Australian Home-Made brand of Silver Arowana! laugh.gif

I have no doubt that they would breed under the right conditions and that it is possible, also that they may have already been "spawned", but i mean not at a commercial quantity as yet.

"give it time" i agree with this comment, its all a matter of time. What im refering to more is i guess is reading somewhere i think on this forum that, they are already bred in a commercial quantity (in Australia) and readily available. which i highly disagree with as im 99% sure all the ones floating around at the moment are imports smile.gif.

i think the current flood in the market is of imports more so than because locally bred ones are being released.

i read my post over and over and im still not sure it makes sense. Hopefully you guys get what im trying to say and understand my view on this topic.

I agree that 99% of the ones here are highly likely to be imports. But my friend actually DID buy his ones from his friend who bred them. It wasn't mass quantity breeding, but he did get quite a few grown up to about 8cm which he sold.

No doubt, given time, they will be bred here... bigsmile.gif

So then what will happen if they end up being mass produced here in Australia? Since they're illegal fish will that mean they won't be able to be sold by wholesalers and sold to shops around Australia?

Richard

Archived