Obese Psuedotropheus Saulosi

Fishy Bits

My Saulosi are the biggest pigs ever. and a couple in particular have eyes bigger than their bellies. When feeding time comes all fish know it and fight for pole position. Somehow these nig "Females" are olding back abd picking up all the left overs from the frantic rush for flake or pellets. they get their share, then will scoot up to the surface and eat anything not seen by the others. how can i stop this? they need to go on a diet. Jenny Craig for Fishies.... zipit.gif

Any ideas what i can do? I have tried spreeding flake all over tank, still they pig out. Last resort will be transfering to another tank and only feed the intended amount. tongue.gif

if i can get a photo i will post. will have to borrow someones digi cam. They are that fat they have bulges in their stomach. I have witnessed them poo, so i know they couldn't be blocked and I know they have no disease (thats aparant to me)... huh.gif

Help is much appreciated. sadsmiley02.gif

Hi fishybits

bit lite on for information. What are they sharing the tank with? Generally mbuna sharing with mbuna they will all get their share. mbuna are fairly quick and a bit agro so if their sharing the tank with a gentler or slower fish they will get the best of them at feeding time.

Bob

Thanks bob, They are with other Mbunas - Electric Yellows. and Bnose ofcourse. But the Yellows are slower, but i have 8 Saulosi and 2 fems are the biggest in the tank (and obese). i had 4 yellows now one male adult and 5 juvies... they still are abnormal in size. very rounded.

Thanks

Dale

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif those fish geeks need to go on a diet too.

Fishy bits,

just feed them less. Don't worry if they look hungary, they always do. The yellows will do ok. If the yellows are getting a flake then eating it before looking for more while the saulosi are vacuuming up, try pellets.

Hard to understand why they won't breed, they are ususally unstopable. All they do is eat and breed so feed them less and they will probably breed laugh.gif

hahaha thanks guys, i have stopped feeding them as much and hope that turns their attention to some hanky panky. they have had one mouthfull in one female already but she didn't release them. hopefully they remember what to do. haha wub.gif

thanks for you opinions guys. cool.gif

Archived