Demographics

Neil

what type of shift do you work or study  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm curoius to find weather shift workers make the majorityof fishkeeping forum junkies seeing they have free time when most are otherwise occupied.

Personaly I work a day,arvo 7day 3week rotation and love it .Time off midweek was only sickies when I worked dayshift. Now I have each day of the week off once in every 3week cycle. 7out of 21

Neil

I work Tuesday to Saturday and start ay 4:45 am and can finish anywhere between 5pm to 7pm, and about 1:30 on saturdays. So if I get a chance in between family and other chores on Sunday I get to have a look at the LFS every second monday or so. (time booked in advence of course) blush.gif

I work any times between 6am-4pm at one job days varying to suit my class schedule, then work 2 jobs from home, as well as sometimes study when I feel like going to classes. I guess the closest thing is "Other" for me.

i didn't know what to vote. voted the "rotating" option, but i also qualify as a student (2 degrees in the process). i work in an office tht's 24/7 - 3 shifts a day: 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a. so that's the roster i work on. usually 8 days on, a few off, different shift, etc.

i love shift work.

I am also doing Uni part time, one subject, and working a new job , rotating roster, 5 days on 5 days off, in a 24/7 coal laboratory my shifts are either day or night, starting and finishing at 7am or pm each day....yep 12 hour shifts, well actually 12.5 after the changeover meeting.....and i only get to see the fishes on the 5 days off, because the job is 200km away,.....lucky my G/F is very understanding.

I'm 9 til 5:30 Monday to Friday. Very unusual I know smile.gif Most fish-work is done early Saturday arvo after I get up at the crack of noon. No study, no dependents so I have plenty of fish time (particularly as my g/f is working 7days a week at the moment).

Dean

Ps. I used to work a 12hr day/night shift 14days on, 7off fly-in-fly-out rotation. I quite like "regular" hours I have now.

I had to choose "other" I'm currently doing a gap filler role selling security systems. They book my appointments and send me out. Some days I don't work at all, others I might work 1pm - 9pm, so everyday is different...

It's tough on my wife - she usually gets the busy part of the night with the kids (dinner/bathtime, etc) so sometimes we eat the strangest things for dinner (whatever we can find)...I fit the fish work in whenever I can - I'm not in the routine I'd like to be in. wink.gif

Cheers

Richard

Archived