wat price for BICHIR

johnwilly1000

Hey John Willy

I have been after a bichir for a while now.

I am not to sure about the availability of the albino strain, but the most common here in aust would have to be the senegal bichirs, and occasionally the marbled and armoured are offered as well. I would say privately, the senegals they would sell between $300-400 while retail, maybe $500-600... however this is just a guess. The albino strain would probably sell from upwards of $700, while the other species might be sell for the same price, casue they are far less common than the senegals and even the albino senegals .When bichirs are a reasonable size, say 5-6 inches, you should have no trouble keeping them with an arowana, cause bichirs spend most of their time on the bottom and arowana's on the top region of the tank. I would definetly have no hesitation keeping one with an arowana.

Anyways mate, i hope this helps, and good luck with finding one.

Regards

Arrafanatic

i have 5 x 25cm polyterus senegalese ( normal bichirs )with a a 45cm RTG. The RTG just complete ignored them.

3 months ago, 20 x albino bichirs was available in qld for $450 each and polyterus ornatipinis (ornate bichir) at $550.

i heard that maybe the polyterus endlicheri (red bichir) and polyterus delhezi (armoured bichir) might become available. this is the best looking bichirs

i bought a 8cm ornate for $150 because it had lost it tail somehow.. grown back now although kinda stumpy looking. I recently bought 2 more ornates at $400 each in sydney. Here in melb these same ornates and senegals retail for $650-800 depending on size(15-25cm) and a few 4 inch albinos for a ridiculous $1000. Great fish and would recommend them to any hobbist that like fish who just sit there and get fat only moving when food gets dropped... hehe

I have 3-4 large ornate bichir. Unsure of sexes but they range from 45-60cm in size. They have all grown up together and have very nice colours, very calm and outgoing which makes them a fascinating fish to watch. I've been thinking of selling them for a while and this post has prompted me.

$850 each. Pictures available. You can PM or post here if anyone is interested. I'm not able to access the classified for some reason. I'm in Brisbane but can ship to any airport in Australia easily.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw a cat amongst the pidgeons! In Singapore they have developed a new strain of Albino Birchir. It is a stumpy bodied, fat version. It is obviously a mutation they have capatlized on and he is a real beauty. They sell for a lot more than the plain version!

• 2 months later...

Archived