"Chocolate cichlids" or Cryptoheros septemfasciatus?

fishguts

No... that would make too much sense. We can't have that.

What we need is for these to become popular with the asian community.

Then you would see them.

I didnt think there was any of these left in Australia everytime i have seen septemfasciatus advertised by wholesalers, temperalis are what turned up ?????

now you can see how these things can occur.

Actually at the time ( a few years back) the problem was in some states septemfasciatus was allowed to be kept, where as temperallis was not, so SOME wholesalers and LFS were trying to get around fisheries by using incorrect labelling.

Which added a lot of confusion for the public as to what they owned.

I didnt think there was any of these left in Australia everytime i have seen septemfasciatus advertised by wholesalers, temperalis are what turned up ?????

now you can see how these things can occur.

Actually at the time ( a few years back) the problem was in some states septemfasciatus was allowed to be kept, where as temperallis was not, so SOME wholesalers and LFS were trying to get around fisheries by using incorrect labelling.

Which added a lot of confusion for the public as to what they owned.

Ahh... that explains a lot.

I have also been given an explanation, as to why we can't import any more of the Cryptoheros species.

Apparently, due to some feral populations of Convicts, anything that remotely resembles that genus is barred.

So, we can point the finger at the boofhead who released them as being the reason we cant have them. Shame Shame Shame.

:rant::no: You dont need a long neck to be a goose.

It looks like i have sourced some septo's from melbourne.

All things going to plan, i should have 7 juvies by next thursday :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Archived