Electric Yellows

tootie

Unsure if it's them or Hongi.

I've had them for ages and different colonies over the years with no problems.

Had 4 Julie's in there and all are dead.

Both Hongis and yellows breeding.

I suspect that it will be the Hongi rather than the Yellows. The male will take up a territory and will chance any other fish away. Your Julies are likely to be in direct competition with them.

You got two types of rock dwelling fish competing for the same spaces.

The aggressors feel more limited for space,, so their aggression becomes more exerted.

Setting up zones in tanks to help the fish species feel like they have their own little secluded zones sometimes helps.

But the bigger the tank, the more you can always get away with.

Sometimes a single larger peaceful fish can break up the specie gang up aggression. Eg, a dither fish like P.annectans or

P.red empress along the lines of.

Pay around with it a bit, trial and error.

Over time I've managed to mix a whole range of Malawi and tang predators and mbuna with all the in betweens with Myleus

rubripinnis (lunar), king kong parrot, red terror a few species of loaches, incredible range of cat fish from loaches to hemabagrus to lancers to pimalodus to wide other range of wacky stuff that I won't continue to bore you with.

But as messy as it sounds,, it's a very fitting tank, and anyone that lays their eyes on my display never steps away till some time later.

All done in a 2500 liter.

The smaller the tank, the more limited you become for combo options.

2500 litre?

What are the dimensions of this tank?

Looks like you experiment with fish species to find solutions.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Archived