Geophagus brasiliensis

mezzacam

I've searched www.dogpile.com and i found a couple sites but nothing really told me overly much about them... like there were about 25 pages that had Geophagus brasiliensis in them but about 22 of them were. error, this page is no longer on the server... or a comment like that... i am going to be getting my hand on a standard 4ft soon and i would like to get a pair of Geophagus brasiliensis and i just wanted to make sure that a pair would go alright in a standard 4ft... and if anyone knew where i would be able to get some from? As i haven't seen any in the Newcastle area yet sad.gif

Thanks for any information.. Cameron.

Hiya Mezz smile.gif .. Ummm not much of anything in Newcastle far as i know wink.gif

Though Brazily's are sweet as mate . Prolifich breeders, but Adult males have

a personality similar to Paratilapia Polleni (Madagascan's wink.gif ) ... They are yer friend for life ... Unfortunately they too , have suffered from inbreeding as most other common Geo's we have here sadsmiley02.gif .. You should be looking for Flurescent

blue dots , On basically a red fish with an extremely cute face .. Somewhat like mine blush.gif ... Any way ! Beware of head defects & good luck mate ...

Andy... smile.gif

Definately have a good look at any fish you are going to buy, unfortunately the quality of these fish really isnt what it was 10 (or so) years ago when i kept them.

Back then, top quality stock were being run out as feeders in my lfs, they were everywhere. Now most of the ones I see look pretty well bung.

It's pretty sad what the fihs keeping has become (some of the fishes standards) but there's still those few out there trying their hardest to keep the standars up.. *cough* us *cough* .... May have to try find some here... or if it's possible... import them... who knows.. thanks for the replies and i'll look veryy very closely at any of the fish i buy if i do, thanks alot

Cheers Cameron.

Archived