Izumo Nankin

goldenswimmers

Thought id share some pics of a very rare kind of goldfish which exists out there...Izumo nankin or "Nankin"

These guys are similar in appearance to Ranchu goldfish but lack the chunky headgrowth and have a beautiful colour pattern(white and red).

They are viewed from above in the the true "Japanese goldfish" way and would have to be one of the most hard to find varieties.

I personally have never seen them in Australia(if you have can we talk! :drooling: )and even in Japan they are rare coming from only one main district in Japan and apparently created in the 1700s.

Anyways heres some pics of the guys(no not mine :huh: I wish! :wallbash: )

izumonankin10_zps18ac2f9b.jpg

izumonankin2_zpsb5173e69.jpg

izumonankin11_zps12603ff1.jpg

izumonankin3_zpsbdf5c2b5.jpg

And at an older stage(2yrs of age and looking chunky!)

izumonankin2yearsold_zps6b431b90.jpg

Yeah beautiful rare guys...very rarely seen out of Japan..maybe in Thailand on very rare occasions.

All of the Japanese goldfish strains are viewed from above(which makes sense as they are kept in ponds so you're naturally looking at them from above)

Heres some of the Japanese Oranda(nagate oranda):

nagate_oranda_5.jpg

nagate_oranda_1.jpg

Yeah beautiful rare guys...very rarely seen out of Japan..maybe in Thailand on very rare occasions.

All of the Japanese goldfish strains are viewed from above(which makes sense as they are kept in ponds so you're naturally looking at them from above)

Heres some of the Japanese Oranda(nagate oranda):

nagate_oranda_5.jpg

nagate_oranda_1.jpg

Ha ha :drooling: yes very cool fish hey...and then you have their beautiful Tosakin...these guys have popped up here (very rarely) but they have been from Chinese stock(they import them from Japan and try to breed their own from these guys)so the quality has never been as good as what is coming out of Japan..

Some eye candy :drooling: ..Tosakin style!

Tosakin01.jpg

Tosakin03.jpg

tosakin4vs3.jpg

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly Im pretty sure Tosa is a region in japan which is where these guys originated from so its probably "from Tosa" or something along the lines..any Japanese members on board ?!? :huh:

Archived